UKC

Want to go to Greenland (very soon)!?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
matt 04 Sep 2001
Heading out to east coast of Greenland on 16 September for 3 weeks. Making attempts on unclimbed rock and mixed routes. Opportunities to attempt classic alpine unclimbed peaks and routes of all grades. Getting into the area by ski and dragging gear in pulks (no prior experience nec). It will cost (in total) well under 2 grand. Email or phone me on 0774 0677 907 as soon as poss as we need to buy tickets.
almost sane 06 Sep 2001
In reply to matt:
Matt, given the number of similar postings from you this year, I wonder: are you advertising commercial trips to Greenland?
Tom 07 Sep 2001
In reply to almost sane:

There are a few Matts who've been to Greenland this year!
OP nick 07 Sep 2001
In reply to Matt:
What grants have you applied for, got, expecting? Two grand is a fair wedge just to go to Greenland
matt 08 Sep 2001
In reply to matt: Not running commercial trips there this year. However, we're thinking about running some next year so have spent most of summer there checking the area out. Going back comparitively late in the season to check out conditions and have a go at quite a big mixed route.
David 10 Sep 2001
In reply to matt:

I've just come back from a trip with Matt.

If you're thinking of partaking in this venture then check out my website www.fridgeproductions.co.uk

I filmed the expedition to the Schweizerland Alps (Eastern Greenland) and I've posted the better images from the trip on the site for the team members to look at.

Also, check out the video download (currently, only Microsoft Media Player) for a 1 minute 35 second taster of the documentary to be entered into this years Kendal Film Festival.
almost sane 11 Sep 2001
In reply to David:
I have just looked at the photos.

It looks great.

All the best in Kendal.

Sorry to be a bit suspicious.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...