UKC

Germany

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Dave P 12 Oct 2001
I wasn't going to post on here, but Rocktalk fills up with waffle so fast I though the Alpinist list might be more receptive. Where can I find out about crags large or small in the Munich region of Germany? Got any favourites? Thanx, Dave.
michaelw 15 Oct 2001
In reply to Dave P:
Don't know Munich but there are some nice Limestone crags near Bayreuth (Frankische Schweiz - Franconian Swiss) which would be reachable by rail/bus I suppose for a weekend, depending on your circumstances.

Sorry if this isn't any use or you already know.
John2 15 Oct 2001
In reply to Dave P: If you can find a copy of the Southern Frankenjura guide it contains a fair number of brilliant bolted limestone crags within an easy car journey of Munich.
Alex 16 Oct 2001
In reply to Dave P:
www.climbing.de
best german climbing site in the net
It's like this site!
Heike 17 Oct 2001
In reply to Dave P:

Get the guidebooks from the DAV (Deutsche Alpenverein - German Alpine club) for the Munich region, there are a few little crags around Munich, e.g. in Baierbrunn at the river Isar, a very nice place.

Then, there are the Alps of course, you can reach brilliant 2000 meter peaks within an hours drive of Munich.

The Frankenjura as others pointed out is about 2 hours away. There are various shops in Munich were you can get all the info and there are several sections of the DAV in Munich alone who can help.

For guidebooks and climbing euqipment try SportScheck, a huge shop in the pedetrian zone of Munich

Have fun and don't forget to visit the beergardens!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...