UKC

Anyone use the Trango superfly and flexcams??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
hex 15 May 2004
I am looking at getting some of the superfly carabiners soon, they are full size at 30grams!! Look pretty sweet... Anybody have em??

Also Anybody use the flexcams? The new ones coming out look pretty good, see here:
http://www.shorelinemtn.com/Pages/product/product.asp?level1_id=0&level...

I believe the current ones were a bit unstable in the large sizes due to the lobes being quite close together.

Also anyone know of retailers in the Ireland/UK for trango gear? I currently have a cousin of mine getting gear (she lives in the states...)
 gear boy 16 May 2004
In reply to hex: flex cams are made by rock empire, so available in uk, but dont say trango on em
hex 17 May 2004
In reply to gear boy: ho hum, rock empire are double stem, trango ones are single stem, I prefer single stem... Are you sure the new ones are still made by Rock Empire?
OP chris tan 17 May 2004
In reply to hex:

Rock Empire make double stem cams, called Robots. They also make single stem cams called Flexes, which look like the ones in the picture. IIRC they now have a new series of cams called Comets, which are lighter than the robots or flexes.
OP john in spain 17 May 2004
In reply to hex: in reply to your problem my advice is dont use cams i think that they are not reliable enought they need to be placed into the rock with to much care so not to fall out when a fall happens a good set of nuts is what you need an learn to use them quickly they are safe an secure the easy option is not the best GOOD LUCK an happy climbing
dark_star 17 May 2004
In reply to john in spain: No intention of being argumentative John, but I just can't agree with that.
 Niall 17 May 2004
In reply to dark_star: He forgot to mention that he had loads of nuts for sale
mc 17 May 2004
In reply to john in spain: I hope you are whinding us up.
hex 17 May 2004
In reply to chris tan:
I did not know this about the Comets.. interesting stuff

In reply to john in spain:
riiiiight, not that new at this lark...

Anyway what about the Superflys? 30grams!!! =)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...