UKC

Bolivia/Peru - August/September

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Ken 02 Jul 2004
Hi Guys

I arrive in Santiago, Chile, on 6th of August. It is my intention to head North to Bolivia, preferably, or peru to climb, rock or mountaineering. I will have basic kit only, harness, rock boots, mountain clothing, nothing in the way of a full rack or ropes. I can hire as necessary, I hope.

Anyone fancy trading ideas/hooking up.

I will also be in brazil in October.

Ken

clarky 04 Jul 2004
In reply to Ken: I will be around the Huaraz area with a rope and a mainly basic sports gear- but lack experience and hense doing some trekking, then an easy moutaineering peak first on a course 7-11 August. Leave Peru on the 31. Be pleased to discuss. Oh yes and I don't speak spanish too well either!
Lorenz 21 Jul 2004
In reply to Ken:
Hi Ken, I will arrive in Santiago on 8th of august heading up to Bolivia as well. Having been there already last summer climbing and speaking fluently spanish I want to do some more climbs there. As I'm still without partner you could join for climbing there but if you prefer to go to Peru climbing go first there because august in the Cordillera Blanca around Huaraz(great hostal: www.huaraz-hostal.com)is still ok but already september gets worse.

Lorenz
 moreno 22 Jul 2004
In reply to Lorenz:
Hi, you normally right but this year the weather is been very bad and nobody is doing much...hopefully this weather will settle down and the snow will get stable...there's been a lot of bad weather and avalanches not to mention huge crevasses-a friend just returned and he was very disapointed.

I'm going in middle of August to Huaraz so if any of you would like to join us(we're 3 people at the moment trying to do some mountains: Maparaju/San Juan and Tocclataju-is weather permits!). We might have to chnage plans and try whatever we can...people are queuing at Pisco/Ishinca/Urus at the moment!
Woodywebster 23 Jul 2004
In reply to moreno: I and a climbing mate are arriving in la paz on the 7th and off to the quimza cruz, if you guys are interested about what we are doing, drop me a line.W
 moreno 26 Jul 2004
In reply to Woodywebster:
Hi, we're still aiming to go to Maparaju and San Juan...not sure about Tocclaraju as it will depends on the weather. We'll be in Huaraz from 16th August to 18th and then leaving to Maparaju BC. If you can please let us know your plans and maybe we can get together and have a talk, if you guys will be around huaraz at that time..who knows?

Ta
Liz

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...