UKC

JetBoil stoves, anyone used?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Skinny Dave 02 Aug 2004
I saw a mini review of the JetBoil stove (www.jetboil.com, www.rei.com) in a copy of Trail magazine a while back. Basically its a thermal mug, head fin transferer type thingy and pocket rocket all rolled into one.

The claimed boil times look pretty swift. They aren't available in the Uk, but has anyone used one of these wee beasties, are they the muts nuts?

Cheers
OP DafyddP 03 Aug 2004
In reply to Skinny Dave:
i think i read somewhere that the boil ties are a bit deceptive - half a litre in 90 seconds sounds very good, but that basically equates to 1 litre in 3 mins which isn't that uncommon
 Damo 03 Aug 2004
In reply to DafyddP:

If it can boil equivalent of 1l in 3min at 4000m and -10C then I'd buy two. Most stoves in the field don't match their paper stats. Fine if you only climb at sea-level and 15C.

I didn't realise Jetboils were on the market yet. Anyone held one ?

D
Skinny Dave 03 Aug 2004
In reply to Damo:

I dont think they are available in the UK but the american rei.com website has them for sale.

UK Trail mag had their mits on one a few months ago.

I like the all-in-one unit design of it. I reckon it could probably be hung aswell, good for uneven ground/alpine stuff.
nealheanes 03 Aug 2004
In reply to Skinny Dave:

My better half, Neal, has been raving about these, since using one at the Friedrickschafen trade show a couple of weeks ago.

Watch this space, I think they may be brought in to England shortly.

Helen
Bill Ford-Smith 06 Aug 2004
In reply to nealheanes: I saw these at Fred too; they *are* being brought into the UK I gather...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...