UKC

Almscliff acrobatics

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Salamanda 12 Aug 2004
What a mess I was in at Almscliff last night!
Attempted to gain The Virgin overhang via a (too) solid foot jam and strenuous underclings. Twice came off with my foot still solidly jammed and ended up hanging upside down from one foot in a plus sign shape, just scraping the ground with the fingertips of one hand. Foot still wouldn`t come out for a bit. Would have made quite an amusing photo. Luckily no broken ankle.
Didn`t try a third time!
Timbo 12 Aug 2004
In reply to Salamanda:

Should've top roped it first....

Sorry,couldn't resist
Salamanda 12 Aug 2004
In reply to Timbo:
I suppose I could have tied a toprope to my ankle and achieved the same effect. 8-)
Clauso 12 Aug 2004
In reply to Salamanda:
>
>... ended up hanging upside down from one foot in a plus sign shape, just scraping the ground with the fingertips of one hand.

Think yourself lucky... You might have been cleaning cow shit from under your fingernails for a very long time to come.
 Ridge 12 Aug 2004
In reply to Salamanda:
Was that you in the red top?
Salamanda 12 Aug 2004
In reply to Ridge:
No, I would have been topless or beige vest.
But that WAS me who was hanging upside down by one foot shouting Fu*k. Hard to distinguish I know. Maybe you are confusing me with someone stood upright laughing their tits off?
 Ridge 12 Aug 2004
In reply to Salamanda:
Oh, my mistake, must have been the blood draining to your torso that caused the confusion!
 Dave Stelmach 12 Aug 2004
In reply to Salamanda: If you found a Virgin in Yorkshire, you're a better man than I!
Salamanda 12 Aug 2004
In reply to Dave Stelmach:
> (In reply to Salamanda) If you found a Virgin in Yorkshire, you're a better man than I!

Or maybe just a better `looking` man than you!! 8-)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...