UKC

Smartwool tops

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tony 13 Aug 2004
Having become a total convert to Smartwool socks this year, I'm interested to see from their website they do a range of tops. I've never seen them in shops in the UK - anyone know of any UK stockists? And how do prices compare with Icebreaker merino tops?

(Where's Dave Hunter - he usually sorts this kind of thing out)
 Ricky Martin 13 Aug 2004
In reply to tony: Not from dave but you could try these

http://www.anatom.co.uk/dealers_page.html
freya 13 Aug 2004
In reply to tony: icebreaker and smartwool are the same company, just in the uk it's icebreaker tops not smartwool so prices are the smae! lockwoods in leamington spa sell icebreaker, snow and rock sell it too! and having used them they are brill! natrual fibres so it cuts down on the smell!!!!!!
 Ricky Martin 13 Aug 2004
In reply to freya: no there not
Anonymous 13 Aug 2004
In reply to freya: Icebreaker are a NZ company, Smartwool are US based. AFAIK they are entirely independent.

HTH

Bennot logged in
Andrew M 13 Aug 2004
In reply to freya:

I agree, Icebreaker merino tops are excellent. More important than the fact that they cut down smell is that wool is much warmer when wet than artificial fibre. This means that standing on a stance in winter you don't chill off nearly as quickly.
Max Gough 14 Aug 2004
In reply to Andrew M:

i have a long-sleeved 1/4 zip smartwool top, purchased in NZ earlier this year. can't comment on the uk pricing, but can definitely recommend on performance and quality - just as good as icebreaker, and a better cut for tall, slim people in my opinion.
Dave Hunter, Rock + Run 15 Aug 2004
In reply to tony:

Smartwool base layers will be available in September. Comparable price to Icebreaker but with flatlock seams to avoid chaffing.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...