UKC

erosion at Kilnsey

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
boggy 20 Aug 2004
Ive been to Kilnsey alot recently and notice that the path between the to sectors is in a right state . Who pays for the work ? surely the BMC should contribute to the work and whilst they are at it why not put a few stepping stones across the stream its been hard to get across recently. Kilnsey has been at the centre of the bolting work which has made the crag popular again and brought it to the for front of British sports climbing surely the paths could be made better with a bit of work.
 UKB Shark 20 Aug 2004
In reply to boggy: Perhaps Ground Force could be enlisted at no cost to anybody - Alan & Charlie might have some creative ideas that could add to the ambience
 richardh 20 Aug 2004
In reply to Simon Lee:

A small shrubbery perhaps? with the odd pansy to give a touch of colour? maybe a little decking to support a BBQ by the stream?
boggy 20 Aug 2004
In reply to boggy: Thanks for that lads.
 Enty 20 Aug 2004
In reply to boggy:
You made it more popular so you should repair the path.I'd help you but I have an appointment with Mt Ventoux this afternoon.

The Ent
boggy 20 Aug 2004
In reply to Enty: Hope you get a puncture
Yorkspud 26 Aug 2004
In reply to boggy:

A lot of 'should's' in your post - doubt if the BMC have the cash or the authority to carry out this work on every eroded cliff. Are you a club member/individual member? Are the majority of people who climb there members?
 Michael Ryan 26 Aug 2004
In reply to boggy:

Hey boggy, less bolting, more looking after the cliff environment.

How about YOU organizing a path maintanance day and also.....have you got a good back...well "why not put a few stepping stones across the stream its been hard to get across recently."

Jeez some people, they just won't get off their arse.

Mick
 Steve Crowe Global Crag Moderator 26 Aug 2004
In reply to Mick - Rockfax USA:
> (In reply to boggy)
>
> Hey boggy, less bolting, more looking after the cliff environment.

Well last time I was there there stepping stones were really high but they do get wshed down stream when after heavy rain.

As Mick says, all it needs is a little direct action.

But remember that we do not have a right of access, it is not that many years since climbing at Kilnsey was totally banned at weekends.

Tred carefully with your remedial works!

Steve
boggy 27 Aug 2004
In reply to Mick - Rockfax USA: Most of my bolting has been replacing the bolts on your routes, i cant be arsed to do the paths as well. Anyway keep winding people up you have an art at it always had. All the best Boggy
boggy 27 Aug 2004
In reply to Steve Crowe: No chance of me laying a finger on a shovel Steve its bad enough bolting .Hows the Knee?
boggy 27 Aug 2004
In reply to Yorkspud: More surely's
 Michael Ryan 27 Aug 2004
In reply to boggy:
> (In reply to Mick - Rockfax USA) Most of my bolting has been replacing the bolts on your routes,

I don't own any of the routes Boggy, nor do you.

> i cant be arsed to do the paths as well.

But you expect the BMC to do the work...or "somebody' else?

> Anyway keep winding people up you have an art at it

With good reason in this case.

M

boggy 27 Aug 2004
In reply to Mick - Rockfax USA: Somebody else preferably.Hows The Fish?
 Michael Ryan 27 Aug 2004
In reply to boggy:
> (In reply to Mick - Rockfax USA) Somebody else preferably.Hows The Fish?

He's good Boggy.

Moved to Joshua Tree.

Steve Crowe Global Crag Moderator 28 Aug 2004
In reply to boggy:

The knee is much better thanks, but how dry are the crags?

Steve
boggy 28 Aug 2004
In reply to Steve Crowe: Kilnsey and Malham are really dry.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...