UKC

No COFFEE!!!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
willow 01 Sep 2004
First day back at work. I have run out of coffee!!!....
Totally stunned.......

Willow has NEVERNEVEREVER started a day without coffee before :-@

What do you NEED to start the day?

MeMeMe 01 Sep 2004
In reply to willow:

Don't you ever sleep? Have you considered that maybe you've had enough coffee?

Anyway, I NEED tea, coffee or some kind of stimulant to start the day.
willow 01 Sep 2004
In reply to MeMeMe:

NO NO No, I'm drinking tea quickly lots not helping!
Removed User 01 Sep 2004
In reply to willow:
You need to have a walk down to the shop instead of whingeing young lady....sllluuurrp.. that was me having a ling slurp of som Colombian. Have a nice day......
willow 01 Sep 2004
In reply to Removed User:

Tooo late Bye!!!!!!

ericoides 01 Sep 2004
In reply to willow:

my sympathies.

I NEED coffee too; rocket fuel. and not instant either.

tea - a great drink at other times - is just too insipid first thing.
 MeMeMe 01 Sep 2004
In reply to willow:

The only thing with drinking lots of tea is that you end up needing a piss all the time. Best idea if you can manage it is to drink espresso all day. Small volume, high caffeine.
We have a coffee van than comes around the office in the morning so I should get my espresso shot sometime soon.
Will have to make do with tea until then.

Ever tried any herbal tea? Why do people drink that stuff it all tastes foul. Also with no caffeine in it, what the hell is the point?
m0nkeyboy minus cookies!! 01 Sep 2004
In reply to willow:

I need coffee and a ciggy.
Try snorting the tea, might work, if not will give your office a laugh!
 ericoides 01 Sep 2004
In reply to MeMeMe:

I read once that espresso was actually v low in caffeine, but v high in aromatic oils, unlike coffee made in a caffetiere, which is massively high in caffeine, but lacks those oils

anyone know whether or not this is true? (ie the claim, not whether I read it once)
 MeMeMe 01 Sep 2004
In reply to ericoides:

It's not as high in caffeine as people expect, also remember it is a small volume so you simply do not drink as much caffeine as a big mug of coffee.

Caffetierre(sp?) coffee can be the strongest it just depend on how long you let the ground coffee sit in the hot water.
 ericoides 01 Sep 2004
In reply to MeMeMe:

ta for that. v interesting, and it refutes what I heard.
 DougG 01 Sep 2004
In reply to willow:

> What do you NEED to start the day?

Big bowl of porridge this morning. With fresh blueberries. Just got in the office, ready for a brew of coffee now.

Need something strong as I've got tedious bloody meetings lined up for most of the day.

nick from alpkit 01 Sep 2004
In reply to willow:
Well i know what i dont need, what i dont need is an 1 1/2 hour commute when i work from home?

Anyway back at my desk, with my friend Lavazza.

nick from alpkit 01 Sep 2004
In reply to willow:
> First day back at work. I have run out of coffee!!!....
> Totally stunned.......
>
> Willow has NEVERNEVEREVER started a day without coffee before :-@
>
> What do you NEED to start the day?

Just so everyone isnt confused, my girlfriends car is at the garage so i had to give her lift so basically i had commute in to nottingham and then back through derby does that count as two commutes.

anyway i can now start the morning, coffee first and then breakfast in the sun. Shame we have a lot on, i should go climbing. Bouldering at cratciff isnt a bad start to the day.

Carolyn 01 Sep 2004
In reply to willow:

We had a crisis in the office last week - the electrics were out for part of downstairs, so we moved the coffee machine upstairs. But it turned out that the coffee machine was the cause of the fault!

Disaster....until we found a cafetiere for the next day....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...