UKC

Worst top rope anchor?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jasonic 01 Sep 2004
Climbing at St Davids at the weekend two Americans dropped an ab rope down the cliff, on top of a mate who was leading. They then proceeded to climb back up on ascenders, and talking to them they said they had not realised this was not the done thing. Topping out I saw their anchor, which consisted of two rps and a small nut equalised, to two krabs. One snapgate and a screwgate with the gate jammed open! This was in an area of large granite blocks, so no exscuse. It was obviously a case of inexperience. Anyone seen a worse one than this?
estivoautumnal 01 Sep 2004
In reply to Jasonic:
While walking past the crag on the way in to the Bowder Stone last October we saw the local mountain rescue team lower a stretcher down the crag from about 50m above. The 'casualty' and two outriggers had forgotten their radios and were nearly lowered onto someone leading a route on the crag.
I think they call it training!
 Jon Greengrass 01 Sep 2004
In reply to Jasonic: Hey dude don't dis their anchors because it makes rapelling like a totally extreme sport.
Woker 01 Sep 2004
In reply to Jasonic:
There was a few compelte tits down there last weekend. I was climbing at Porth Clais with a few others and we had just arrived about 11 ish. There was a party on red wall, which we wanted to lead. So we started gearing up about 10 metres away. The rest of our party geared up about 10 mins quicker than us and went off to do other climbs. Just after they left, the party on red wall finished and I noticed another party just starting to gear up around that area, and thought they may be planning on doing it also.

At this point we were nearly compeltey ready, including having ropes tied to our backs for the scramble down, so I hurried up Ms Woker, as we were ready to go and the other party were not, and had only just started gearing up anyways.

We passed the other party who were closer to the top of the climb than us, but hadn't even got the harnesses on yet, and scrambled down and started setting up the bellay as it starts above the water, when this guy comes down to just above our level and starts whinging about how he wanted to do red wall and had been waiting.

I explained that we were waiting also and were gearing up way before him and had started gearing up before him too. I said the situation in this country (he was not from round these parts) is that you wait at the bottom of the climb and que (whether gearing up or not geared up yet) and that as we were ready to climb and at the bottom and geared up, and there was no que, that we had priority. He carried on whinging, and I ignored him until he called me a cock sucker. Well I didn't take that too well and I did go a bit bonkers, with various swear words eminating from my mouth and threats of returning to the level he was on and sorting this out. He carried on whinging and being rude to me. At this point I told him to his face to f*ck off now, which seemed to do the trick as I didn't see him or his party again that day.

Scoobie 01 Sep 2004
In reply to Jasonic:

My partner and I are in Porth Clais last weekend and waited half hour for our friends for finish Red Wall. Before we start to scrambling down, a curly haired arsehole darted past from behind and started spout about who got there first, and I asked if he has not seen us waiting for half an hour therefore he didn't arrived until about 11 hour but he just shouted and shouted and shouted and pushed and told me to f*ck off and started climb. Anyway we are only tourists in your beautiful country but we can always go spend our money elsewhere.

Woker 01 Sep 2004
In reply to Scoobie:
Hmmmm I wonder who that was couldn't have been me as I have a skin head now. Obviously quite a lot of shit going on down there last weekend.

PS good try but not good enough.
crikeyorikey 01 Sep 2004
In reply to Woker: he said your arsehole was curly haired not your head
Scoobie 01 Sep 2004
In reply to Woker:

Definitely curly hair. Perhaps you little bit paranoid? Do you hear voices?
Woker 01 Sep 2004
In reply to crikeyorikey:
very clever, but the troll still didn't work. Also the fake english was quite a laugh as he was from an english speaking country.

Wingnut 01 Sep 2004
In reply to Jasonic:
Froggatt on Monday. For the information of the party on Slab Recess Direct, if you can't get it out by hammering it further in with your nutkey, try thinking about how it went in and then using the nutkey to push it in the opposite direction . . . as opposed to using a nice sharp screwdriver, which won't do the rock or the nut much good and may tempt various other people at the crag to place the screwdriver somewhere rather more fundamental.

(Oh, yes, and if your feet won't stick to it slowly, frantic scrabbling *certainly* won't make them stick. And most people use "Off belay" rather than "off sticht".)
Woker 01 Sep 2004
In reply to Scoobie:

No I'm not paranoid but your quite clearly a troll, your first post was only a few days ago, yet you seem to know about insults thrown at me a couple of weeks ago. Also your other posts are not written in pigeon english.

So you mentioned that I'm hearing little voices. Therefore you are either Norrie or one of his followers (Colski, Dazman, Marc C etc). I think your prolly Dazman or Norrie
Woker 01 Sep 2004
In reply to Scoobie:

care to explain why one minute you seem to be unable to form sentances without them sounding like you come for some non descript european country, but the next (and in all your 5 or 6 previous posts) you can speak perfectly good english ?

Paranoia is only paranoia if people aren't trying to get you (all be it in diguise as anon posters, as they don't have the balls to do it face to face or keyboard to keyboard).

I say your a coward.
Scoobie 01 Sep 2004
In reply to Woker:

Explanation herewith.

1. Your post was an irrelevant hijack of the thread.
2. It was another "Woker visits a crag and is forced to use foul language and aggression to save the world from others who don't understand" post.
3. This is more fun than fishing.
4. No, really. You invite it.

Woker 01 Sep 2004
In reply to Scoobie:
yeah sure and your troll failed and now your gutted so you try to make me feel bad to make your self feel better. In all honesty mate your foreign accent in your writing was a joke, as all your other posts are in clear english and I am in no doubt that you were no where near porth clais at the weekend.

I actually think my crag manners are pretty good, and you have never heard otherwise and can not produce one incident to back up your claims, so yet more hollow abuse thrown at me from a pseudo personality how is too cowardly to post under his usual posting name.

Wooks

Woker 01 Sep 2004
In reply to Scoobie:
I'd also like to add that for about 10 minutes no one was on red wall, there were no parties leading it and no parties queing up, at this point we were nearly geared up. This is when the other party turned up and started gearing up. This was the only time all day that the climb did not have a que on it.
trolly 01 Sep 2004
In reply to Woker: stop moaning you fat girl
Woker 01 Sep 2004
In reply to trolly:
your off your trolly mate.
trolly 01 Sep 2004
In reply to Woker: and your a punter, ive soloed that route with one hand up my arse
Woker 01 Sep 2004
In reply to trolly:
Ms woker was leading it if you must know.... I doubt you've ever climbed it mind.

but cheers for the complement isn't punter one up from bumbly ?

Wooks
trolly 01 Sep 2004
In reply to Woker: i have soloed it like i said. yes, mrs woker is a punter lol
Woker 01 Sep 2004
In reply to trolly:
Ok then trolly explain to me how the route goes.....
trolly 01 Sep 2004
In reply to Woker: why, didnt you do it yourself?
Woker 01 Sep 2004
In reply to trolly:
BTW why do you climb with you hand up your arse ? Is it for pleasure or pain ?
trolly 01 Sep 2004
In reply to Woker: pleasure
 Offwidth 01 Sep 2004
In reply to Woker:

After a while you must realise its better off ignoring these trolls who constantly try to wind you up. It fills good climbing threads with rubbish if you respond. Why not just hit the report abuse button if they annoy you?
trolly 01 Sep 2004
In reply to Offwidth: cos im a legit poster that just happens to be called trolly. ive been here for a while
Woker 01 Sep 2004
In reply to Offwidth:
Good point but being known in real life, for being a bit of a wind up / hassle merchant myself, I feel that it is fair game.

However in general on this site my posts have mainly been more inclined to the serious climbing conversations than the DTP chit chat.

Fair point though....
trolly 01 Sep 2004
In reply to Woker: ok
 Offwidth 01 Sep 2004
In reply to Woker:

Three top tips:

1) count to ten.
2) try and be witty.
Woker 01 Sep 2004
In reply to Offwidth:
I'll ignore that one then.
trolly 01 Sep 2004
In reply to Offwidth: does this work for you?
 Simon Caldwell 02 Sep 2004
In reply to Woker:
> I'll ignore that one then

Careful, that was almost funny

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...