UKC Gear – Vertebrate Publishing Search Gear
Announcements direct from Vertebrate Publishing
Vertebrate Publishing News
Brand new guidebook from Vertebrate Publishing covering over 600 problems in the lower Churnet valley
The official Ben Moon biography is available to pre-order now from Vertebrate Publishing.
An exclusive extract from Steve McClure's recently published autobiography Beyond Limits, plus author video interview.
The 2014 Kendal Mountain Festival starts this week and if you hadn't got enough reasons to go already then here's a few more Read more
A new book from Vertebrate Publishing celebrating climbing in Scotland's wild places
Frank Smythe's mountaineering achievements in the decade before the Second World War became a part of climbing history. His... Read more
'Kendal' is the biggest event of its type in the world and it's the main social event for outdoor enthusiasts in the UK. As ever... Read more
The eagerly anticipated One Day As A Tiger: Alex MacIntyre and the birth of fast and light alpinism by John Porter is the latest... Read more
The eagerly anticipated biography of iconic British climber Martin Boysen is now available. Hanging On – the latest book to be... Read more
Expertly curated new guidebooks for the Mont Blanc Range and the Écrins Massif
Vertebrate Publishing ReviewsIndependent reviews from the UKC gear testers
2014 has been a bumper year for climbing publications. Here's a few of the ones that we have either read, or ones that we really... Read more
UKC regular John Cox reviews the fantastic looking Peak Rock book from Vertebrate Publishing.
"I will make a prediction; it... Read more
Jack Geldard takes a look at the new coffee table book to the Mont Blanc range...
"The overall feel of the book is very... Read more
In this review, UKC Chief Editor Jack Geldard takes a look at the long-awaited debut book from Nick Bullock; Echoes.
The... Read more
The award-winning book, Freedom Climbers, has just been published in the UK by Vertebrate Publishing. In this review, Ed Douglas... Read more
UKC Chief Editor Jack Geldard reviews the new book 'Cold Wars' by well known climber Andy Kirkpatrick.
"...tales of derring-do... Read more
"I don't like this book, I love it. I read it twice in a day, and was still reading bits of it out aloud to myself that... Read more
Adam Long reviews the Boardman-Tasker winning book Beyond the Mountain written by Steve House.
"This is not only a brilliant... Read more
I first read this book in the depth of winter intending to review it immediately. But as so often in life I found myself... Read more
All Vertebrate Publishing by date
- Beyond Limits by Steve McClure OUT NOW Dec-14
- REVIEW: 2014 Book Round-Up - Christmas Reading Nov-14
- Kendal Mountain Festival Trailer and Top 5 Climbing Speakers Nov-14
- Out now: The Great Mountain Crags of Scotland Nov-14
- My Father, Frank - An Interview with Tony Smythe Oct-14
- Early news from the Kendal Mountain Festival 2014 Sep-14
- OUT NOW: One Day As A Tiger - Alex MacIntyre and the birth of li Sep-14
- Martin Boysen Biography - OUT NOW Jul-14
- New Alpine Guidebooks from Vertebrate Publishing Jun-14
- REVIEW: Peak Rock Feb-14
- Back In Print: Paul Pritchard's Award-Winning Book Deep Play Nov-12
- 2013 Boardman Tasker 30th Anniversary Calendar Oct-12
- Echoes - by Nick Bullock Sep-12
- Echoes, The New Book By Nick Bullock Aug-12
- Job Opportunity: Marketing Executive May-12
- Jobs, Jobs, Jobs - Opportunities for Climbers Apr-12
- New Book: The Wild Within, by Simon Yates Apr-12
- Freedom Climbers by Bernadette McDonald Feb-12
- New Book: Freedom Climbers by Bernadette McDonald Feb-12
- Stevie Haston Reviews Ron Fawcett's New Book Mar-10
- Andy Kirkpatrick signs book deal with Vertebrate Mar-10
- Beyond the Mountain by Steve House Feb-10
- Ron Fawcett - Rock Athlete Feb-10
- Available in UK: 'Beyond the Mountain' by Steve House Feb-10
- Vertebrate Publishing Revelations by Jerry Moffatt Jun-09
- Vertebrate Publishing Jerry Moffatt - Revelations Jan-09