|Petzl Charlet Aztar Ice Axes
RRP: £130, added Jan/2009, see all Petzl news & reviews
announcement by Petzl
This announcement has been read 7,338 times
Reviews for Petzl gear:
News from Petzl:
Related UKC Forum discussions:
Multi-purpose ice tool, hammer or adze versions
Petzl Charlet Aztar Ice Axes #1
Lyon Equipment, Jan 2009
© Jonathan Bean
The lightweight and versatile AZTAR is designed for anything from frozen waterfalls to mountain routes where almost anything can be encountered. The included BLUEICE pick handles brittle ice, hard snow and rock with equal aplomb. The small diameter shaft with molded grip makes it ideal for those with smaller hands. FREELOCK leash included.
- Good penetration of the shaft in hard snow: for piolet canne usage.
- Included BLUEICE pick for placement efficiency.
- Curved upper shaft for ease of placement and hooking.
- Small-diameter molded polymer handle ensures an excellent grip and insulation.
- Equipped with FREELOCK leash, which is tightened and loosened with a simple rotation of the wrist.
- Adze or hammer versions available.
Find a stockist at: www.lyon-outdoor.co.uk
See more at www.petzl.com
AVAILABLE IN THE UK
Distributed by Lyon Equipment: www.lyon-outdoor.co.uk
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.
Please support the following outdoor retailers who support UKClimbing.com