Petzl Charlet Dartwin CramponsRRP: £112.55, added Jan/2009, see all Petzl news & reviews
announcement by Petzl
Lyon Equipment, Jan 2009
© Jonathan Bean
Sharp, fast moving, and always on track. The Dartwin's are born from competition, for dry-tooling, mixed climbing and frozen waterfall climbing.
- Horizontal structure places the foot as close to the ice as possible: increased sensitivity, more precise placements.
- Two positions for front wire: fits all sole thicknesses and asymmetric shapes of technical boots.
- Length of points is designed to assure maximum stability.
- Tapered points for great purchase in ice.
- Toothed and forged front points for precise positioning and placements.
- Second row of toothed points are inclined forward for improved placements and front point support.
- Third row of toothed points are inclined towards the rear for backstepping or using instep.
- Four teeth for stability while descending face downhill.
- Front section can be replaced if the front points are worn from mixed climbing.
Find a stockist at: www.lyon-outdoor.co.uk
See more at www.petzl.com
AVAILABLE IN THE UK
Distributed by Lyon Equipment: www.lyon-outdoor.co.uk
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.