|The Climbers' Club New Website and Llanberis eMag Sample
added Mar/2009, see all The Climbers' Club news & reviews
product news by Michael Ryan - UKC and UKH
This announcement has been read 4,918 times
Report by Ian Smith.
Outdoor Industry News
Reviews for The Climbers' Club gear:
Related UKC Forum discussions:
Climbers' Club New Website
© Climbers' Club
Following on from the suggestions in a club survey, combined with a desire by the Web Manager and the Guidebook Sub Committee to bring the CC site up to date, it was decided that a major re-design of the Club's web site was required. A company of web designers with technical expertise, as well as graphic design skills, was commissioned to create and test, in conjunction with the Web Manager, a set of templates on which to build the new site. This was launched in early February to celebrate the Club's Guidebook Centenary. Many of the suggestions and changes made by members have been incorporated and others are planned.
The key features of the re-design are:
- Fresh modern image to portray the Club's significant heritage whilst at the same time signalling that it is with and ahead in the 21st Century
- Simpler and consistent navigation
- Rearrangement of the information in a more logical way with easy navigation within each subject area
- Use of smart technology such as flash slide shows, picture enhancements and scrolling 'news/announcements'
- Use of latest eMag technology for presentation of the Newsletter and Guidebook Samples. A flip book software eMagCreator© enables pages to be turned on screen, enlarged and printed individually
New features have been added such as;
- real-time hut occupancy (not on-line booking yet)
- ability to update membership details
- quick links to selected Forums, such as transport sharing, climbing partners, area discussions etc.
Additional features will be added during 2009
Take a look: www.climbers-club.co.uk
Note: Links to the eMag Guidebook samples including a new Llanberis sample can be found on the Home or Llanberis Guidebook pages at www.climbers-club.co.uk
Llanberis CC Guidebook eMag SampleUKC Gear© Climbers' Club
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.
Please support the following outdoor retailers who support UKClimbing.com