|Petzl VIDEO: Reverso3 - belay/abseil device - How it Works
£21.50, added Apr/2009, see all Petzl news & reviews
announcement by Petzl
This announcement has been read 6,515 times
Reviews for Petzl gear:
News from Petzl:
Related UKC Forum discussions:
Like its predecessor it is incredibly versatile: suitable for twin, double, and single ropes, it is a smooth and controlled abseil device, the 'magic/ guide' plate mode is an extremely handy tool whether or not your bringing up clients in the alps or just getting peckish on pitch 3 of Grooved Arete on Tryfan!!!
Reverso3UKC Gear© Petzl
Most importantly the Reverso 3 remedies the only drawback of the original Reverso with the inclusion of a front attachment point (thank-you hot forging!!!), thus solving the issue of how to release tension from the system while in guide plate mode. Furthermore, the attachment point is large enough to fit your average karabiner (something which the Black Diamond Guide XTC attempted to do but didn't quite manage) so you don't have to faff around with bits of cord while your second is having the time of their life!"
Joe Browns, Llanberis, North Wales
THE REVERSO3: Ultra light, multi-purpose belay/rappel device, with range of friction adapted to different rope according to its diameter and condition. A single device for all rope types.
This multi-purpose belay/rappel device is lightweight and easy to use. The asymmetric V-shaped grooved friction channels regulate the amount of braking friction on the rope according to its diameter and condition.
A single device for all rope types:
- effective braking on half and twin ropes = 7,5 mm
- effective braking on single ropes = 8,9 mm
- can belay the leader, one or two seconding climbers and can be used for rappelling
- independent and simultaneous belaying of one or two seconding climbers in Reverso mode
- quick change-overs from Reverso mode to belaying the leader when climbing multi-pitch routes
V-shaped friction channels:
- increased friction on thin ropes
- friction is adapted for larger diameter ropes
- increased holding power in Reverso mode
Asymmetrically grooved sidewalls:
- increased braking power during a leader or top rope fall or while rappelling
- rope smoothly slides through device when taking up slack
- Carabiner hole to release device when loaded in Reverso mode: allows the loaded device in Reverso mode to be easily and gradually released with only a carabiner
- will not kink the ropes regardless of the mode used
- separates the two strands of rope when belaying and rappelling
- Reverso mode attachment point is easy to identify
- keeper cable keeps the device from moving up the rope when belaying and reduces chances of losing the device
- usage diagrams (standard belay and Reverso modes) engraved on device.
- For use on single ropes (= 8,9 mm), half and twin ropes (= 7,5 mm)
- Weight: 72 g
- Hot forged aluminum body
- Available in 3 colors:
- green, D17 G
- blue, D17 B
- titanium, D17 T
- 3-year guarantee
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.