Wild Country Alpine Shield Helmet - The Difference Is Clear£65, added Sep/2009, see all Wild Country news & reviews
announcement by Wild Country
The awesome new Alpine Shield takes an innovative and stylish approach to creating the ultimate in adaptability and the perfect 'year round' helmet. This modular design adopts a 'two-in-one' approach, combining a lightweight, in-mould EPS/Polycarbonate helmet with an exclusive 'Alpine Shield' cover that can be quickly attached to give enhanced protection.
Worn uncovered, this helmet is perfect for all round cragging; supremely light and with an optimal fit via quick-click volume adjustment, soft EVA pads and a super secure, quick release chin strap. Worn covered, by adding the bonus Alpine Shield shell - providing extra stone and icefall protection - it goes further than any other helmet of its type can go.
Simple to switch around and easy to fit and wear, the Alpine Shield is the first helmet with this modular capability – so from gritstone games to winter workouts it converts from best in class to a class of its own.
- Lightweight best in class EPS/Polycarb helmet
- Exclusive free extra 'Alpine Shield' polycarbonate cover (up to 30% enhanced stonefall protection with cover)
- Simple 'coin-slot' alpine shield adjustment
- Quik-Click glove friendly adjustable sizing
- Adjustable EVA cushioned, head hugging inner pads
- Nexus Acetal (better in low temp) quick release chin strap buckle
- Smooth 16mm nylon chin strap, 4 Torch grips (acetal – better in low temps)
- Hood friendly sizing for winter wear
- 3 Stylish colour choices
- Emergency inner sticker
- Free storage bag
- One size.
- CE EN 12492 / UIAA 106 / 3 Sigma rated.
- Product Code: Silver-36ALPSHLDS, Black-36ALPSHLDBLK, Coloured-36ALPSHLDC
Weight: 260 grams uncovered 420 grams covered.
You can download a user guide for the Alpine Shield here
The Alpine Shield won the 'New and Notable' award in Climbing Magazine's Gear Guide this spring - you can see that here.
See this product at the Joe Brown - Snowdonia shop
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.