|Patagonia Speed Ascent Pants
£240.00, added Jan/2010, see all Patagonia news & reviews
announcement by Patagonia
This announcement has been read 5,226 times
Patagonia's warmest, wind and water resistant climbing soft-shell pants with stretch and outstanding breathability. Includes 3 point removable suspenders, microfleece lined waistband and articulated knees. The product is also recyclable through Patagonia's Common Threads Recycling Programme.
Reviews for Patagonia gear:
News from Patagonia:
Related UKC Forum discussions:
The Icefields Parkway has world-class ice climbing; it will also make any climber appreciate our newest insulated soft-shell pants. Speed Ascents are also our warmest, with an engineered design that maximizes breathability without sacrificing any of your hard-earned heat. This garment has a Slim Fit.
The durable stretch-woven shell (5.3-oz 100% polyester double weave that's 45% recycled) blocks wind and sheds water while accommodating your every high-step and delicate mixed move. Inside, low-bulk R2® (7.4-oz Polartec® Thermal Pro® polyester that's 40% recycled) warms and won't bunch up; it's welded to the shell along key seams and optimizes breathability and wicking.
What else? Stitch-free seams speed dry time, improve water-resistance, and decrease bulk. The snap waist, with a relief-friendly 2-way zippered fly, has belt loops and four-point removable suspenders. Water-resistant zippers close the two handwarmer pockets and right thigh pocket. With articulated knees and gusseted, zippered cuffs (with edge guards) made for a climbing boot fit.
- Stitching: Durable wind and water-resistant polyester stretch double weave.
- Seams: Stitch-free, lap-glued seams speed dry time, improve water resistance and decrease bulk.
- Insulation: Low-bulk R2® lining (40% recycled) welded to the interior for warmth.
- Suspenders: 3-point removable suspenders.
- Fastening: Microfleece-lined waistband with belt loops.
- External pockets: two zippered handwarmers, one right thigh, zippers have DWR (durable water repellent) finish and zipper garages.
- Articulation: Knee articulation, gusseted, zippered cuffs with edge guards and sticky gripper elastic.
- Shell: 5.3-oz 100% polyester (45% recycled) double weave. R2® insulation: 7.4-oz Polartec® Thermal Pro® 100% polyester (40% recycled).
- Weight: 695 g (24.5 oz).
- Colour: Forge Gray.
- Made in: China.
Material: Recycled Polyester
Patagonia recycle used soda bottles, unusable second quality fabrics and worn out garments into polyester fibres to produce many of their clothes. This garment is recyclable through the Common Threads Recycling Program.
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.