|ROCKFAX Assistant Editor
added Nov/2009, see all ROCKFAX news & reviews
announcement by ROCKFAX
This announcement has been read 7,545 times
Reviews for ROCKFAX gear:
News from ROCKFAX:
Related UKC Forum discussions:
Applications - now closed
Alan James in the jungle of modern climbing media
UKClimbing Limited is looking for a full-time graphic designer / sub-editor to work on Rockfax Guidebooks, and the UKClimbing.com web site.
The job is a full-time position working from home but with daily interaction with the rest of the UKC/Rockfax editorial team. The successful applicant will be experienced in using a variety of computer applications particularly Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop and have a basic knowledge of html. They will also have experience of sport and traditional climbing. The job is primarily one of a sub-editor, but there will be an element of designing involved and this is likely to grow with the job.
Everyone at UKClimbing Limited works hard and is passionate about climbing and climbing media. The working atmosphere is relaxed and informal, whilst being totally engaged in what we do. Our mission is to enjoy our work and produce the best guidebooks and media we can for the climbing community. The new person will be expected to become a key part of our team and fully subscribe to this philosophy.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Work in close co-operation with Rockfax book authors to sub-edit their work using Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop.
- Edit, correct and standardise text and artwork.
- Fine tune the layout in conjunction with the chief editor and prepare books for press.
- Work on a schedule of four books per year.
Secondary Areas of Responsibility
- Edit and layout articles on the UKClimbing.com web site.
- Assist in maintaining and managing the Rockfax Route Database and the UKClimbing.com Logbook database.
- Experience in working in Adobe InDesign or equivalent.
- Experience in editing text.
- Ability to see a job through from start to finish, working to tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently from home.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Have an acute attention to detail.
The job can be done from home via broadband Internet connection but will involve regular communication and visits to the UKC base in Sheffield.
An up-to-date computer is required. Apple operating system is preferred although not essential.
£18,000 to £20,000
Applications - now closed
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.
Please support the following outdoor retailers who support UKClimbing.com