Mammut Mt Cliff GTX Boot£150, added Mar/2010, see all Mammut news & reviews
announcement by Mammut
The asymmetric lacing adapts to the anatomy of the foot and boosts the pressure on the big toe for precision footwork. The patented Mammut® Base Fit technology uses free-sliding bands to transfer the force of the lacing to the sole. Additional features include a waterproof Gore-Tex® Performance Comfort Footwear membrane, a small neoprene gaiter and a high-grip Climbing Zone-endowed Vibram® Mulaz sole.
Patented Mammut® technology delivers exceptional power transfer from the lacing section to the sole. The concept is based on free-sliding bands that are anchored to the insole. This results in enhanced safety and freedom from blisters, since the foot cannot slip around inside the boot.
The boot system is based on the three functionalities of support, damping and climate control. Different footbeds accentuate different functionalities – up to two at the same time. The footbed used depends on the main activity for which the boot is designed.
- Board lasted
- Asymmetric lacing
- Base Fit®
- Neoprene gaiter
- Rubber toe cap
- Mammut® SD Footbed
- Strap-on crampons compatible
- Multifunctional backpacking and mountaineering sole with permanent anti-slip tread.
- The climbing zone at the tip supports friction climbing to a certain extent.
- Sole Footwear: Vibram® Mulaz
- Fabric leather 1: Velours Leather
- Fabric textile: Textile
- Lining: GORE-TEX® Performance Comfort Footwear
- Weight: 1240g Size UK 8.5
- Sizes: 6-13 and available in half sizes
- Colours: Cadmium-black, Anthracite
UK stockists:Find one here: www.mammut.ch
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.