Patagonia R3 Women's Jacket wins ISPO Eco Responsibility Award 2010£150, added Feb/2010, see all Patagonia news & reviews
announcement by Patagonia
Patagonia has been awarded the ISPO Eco Responsibility Award in the textile category with the women's R3 Hi-Loft Jacket. The aspects focused on were ecological content, overall sustainability of the manufacturing process, logistics, eco-compatibility, application, company culture and Corporate Social Responsibility. The jacket will be available to buy from August 2010.
The ISPO jury said: “For many years Patagonia has proven that a sustainable overall concept for the entire production chain is feasible. The R3 Hi-Loft Jacket is no exception and impressed us with its high degree of function, well-thought-out design, and excellent solutions for sustainable production."
The fleece jacket 'W´s R3 Hi-Loft' is one of many eco-friendly products manufactured by Patagonia and is made almost entirely of recycled and recyclable Polartec materials. In addition, the lightweight warm jacket is bluesign® certified. This means that the production process was evaluated to determine the use of resources, level of consumer protection, water and air pollution, as well as working conditions.
After 10 years at the top of the fleece food chain, season Regulator® products have received a total overhaul for A/W 2010. Developed with Patagonia's longtime partners at Polartec®, the guiding principles of Regulator remain constant – directional moisture movement, maximum warmth with minimal weight, whilst being compressible, breathable, easy to layer and pack. The high-loft jacket is made of Regulator® R3 fleece and is Patagonia's warmest layering piece, engineered for maximum thermal value and minimal weight when layered under a shell. Other features of the winning product include:
- Exclusive fabric for Patagonia: Polartec Thermal Pro® 98% polyester (70% recycled)/ 2% spandex is extremely warm and superlight
- Hi-loft directional knit provides maximum warmth-to weight ratio, wicks moisture and speeds dry time
- Polartec Power Stretch® 88% polyester (60% recycled)/12% spandex panels provide improved fit and enhanced durability in high-wear areas
- Microfleece-lined collar, cuffs and hem enhance user comfort
- Stretch-woven chest pocket for quick-access storage
- Drawcord hem helps reduce heat loss and trap warmth close to the body
- Fabric is bluesign® certified
- Recyclable through Patagonia's Common Threads Recycling Programme
Find a UK StockistPatagonia Store Locator
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.