|Customer Care/Client Liason jobs at Action Challenge
announcement by manufacturer
This announcement has been read 3,827 times
There are two Client Liason positions currently being offered within Action Challenge.
Related UKC Forum discussions:
ACTION CHALLENGE UK was set up to create and organise exciting challenge events worldwide for charity and corporate clients. Over the last 10 years the company has sent thousands of individuals on a range of adventure challenges, from cycle rides across Borneo and the Patagonian Andes, to trekking in the Moroccan deserts and across the mountains of Mongolia and raised millions for charities the world over. We are at a very exciting stage in our development, where we are increasing staff numbers and managing significantly higher profile clients. We are looking for the right people to join our small but enthusiastic team and assist in its further development.
The full time salary banding for this post is starting at £23,000 inclusive of London Weighting (plus international travel) and depending on experience.
- Reports to: Director
- Location: Highbury London N5
- Hours: 39 per week 5 days (9am – 5.30pm)
- Leave: 27 days per annum
There are two positions that are currently being offered within Action Challenge, falling with the Client Liason roles. These positions will be developing with time and definitely expanding in their remit from the following description.
All posts will be responsible for the following:
- All customer-facing communication including both charities and participants.
- The creation of marketing and sales support materials.
- Administration and finance that surrounds the client side of a challenge event. This would include all literature to the clients to help them prepare for their challenge. Collating feedback from events and to respond where necessary to problems.
- Working closely with the operations department, managing client expectations for all aspects of itineraries.
- Working with the business development department, booking new dates with Charities and ensuring all participant numbers and details are correct, including rooming lists, dietary requirements, special group or individual requests are dealt with. Dealing with queries from clients regarding any element of the challenge.
We are looking for a graduate with travel sector experience, perhaps in a travel agency or holiday company, or will have worked in an office environment having dealt directly with customers and processed information, including financial records, as part of a client fulfilment process. You will be energetic, great on the phone and have good writing skills, with the drive to sell and articulate a range of fantastic products. You will be highly organised and able to demonstrate a desire and ability to deliver first class customer service. Competence with all Microsoft office systems is essential, and a passion for travel and knowledge of world geography would be desirable.
- Excellent organisational, administrative and numeric skills.
- Enthusiasm and dedication as part of dynamic and growing team of guides, office staff.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, including fluency and literacy in English.
- A willingness to travel and assist in our overseas challenges.
- Sound knowledge of 'world geography' and good travel experience.
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and the Internet.
- Enthusiasm with the initiative to develop effective systems and work independently and as part of a team with the Directors.
- Excellent level of fitness.
- A second language would be desirable.
- First aid qualified.
SOME OF OUR CLIENTS
Our clients include charities and companies as diverse as Scope, Barretstown, The British Heart Foundation, The British Red Cross, Barnardo's, Concern, MAG, ICT, Irish Heart Foundation, Phones4U, The Citizens Foundation, Fighting Blindness, The Foundation for the Study of Infant Deaths, International Childcare Trust, Marsh & McLennan, Muscular Dystrophy Campaign, NCH Ireland, Orange, Sense, Sense International, Shelter, St. Andrews Hospice, Sue Ryder Care, WellChild, White & Case, Wragge & Co., and many more.
SOME OF OUR EVENTS IN 2010
...Everest Base Camp Trek, Kilimanjaro Climb, Cycle Southern India, Great Wall of China Trek, Cambodia Community Challenge, Peru Inca Challenge, Morocco Atlas Challenge, Romanian Cycle, Climb Aconcagua, Kerala Cycle, Trek Brazilian, Trek Serengeti, Trek Nepal, Trek Darhamsala, Cycle Tanzania, Trek Tuscany, Trek Norway, Cycle Malawi, Trek Hawaii, Cycle Vietnam, Cycle South Africa, Camino de Santiago, Trek Sicily, Alps Challenge, Cycle Sri Lanka, London to Paris Cycle, Climb Mt Blanc, Trek Ethiopia, Trek Lesotho, Trek Grand Canyon, Trek Sahara, Trek Kerala, as well as UK events...
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please visit: http://www.actionchallenge.com
Please submit CVs with a covering letter to Director Stefan Meigh: SM@ActionChallenge.com
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.
Please support the following outdoor retailers who support UKClimbing.com