News from The Castle:
Related UKC Forum discussions:
A typical list of projects would include, but is not limited to:
• Collate and analyse data for the Annual Environmental Report (and prepare as much of it as possible);
• Health & Safety Audit - help collate and distribute documents;
• Poor Practice/Near Miss analysis - monthly/quarterly reporting;
• Event management - The Garden Party, Xmas Party, lectures and competitions
• Minute office and other staff meetings/workshops;
• Help create and run an in-depth customer survey this autumn;
• Run the customer modes of transport survey in March;
• Help progress towards Acorn (environmental) accreditation;
• Organise teambuilding days and staff climbing trips; and
• Purchase stationery for the office and staff clothing.
• Ability to manage time effectively and prioritise projects;
• Very strong organisation and communication skills;
• Good working knowledge of Excel, Word, and Access;
• Can work independently and research efficiently;
• A strong interest in climbing is preferred though not essential.
• 28 days paid holiday in addition to the possibility of accruing additional holidays;
• Company pension scheme;
• BUPA health care plan;
• Free climbing for yourself and a nominated climber at The Castle;
• Opportunities for further training and development; and
• A very flexible, dynamic working environment!
Application Process: Please send a cover letter and CV (including the contact details of 2 referees) to our HR Manager, Ben Levey firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am, Monday the 26th of July.
The interview will take place on Wednesday the 4th of August between 9am and 7pm at The Castle. The selection process will be made up of three elements: one practical exercise (50 mins) using Excel on one of our workstations, a 45 minute interview and a second practical exercise (1hr50 mins) demonstrating Internet research skills and presentation. The order of these elements may vary for each candidate. There will be a one-hour break during this process for each candidate.
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.