Paramo Alta II Jacket£235, added Nov/2010, see all Paramo news & reviews
announcement by Paramo
This announcement has been read 4,806 times
The Alta II Jacket (available in both men's and ladies' fit) is lighter in weight with less bulk than its predecessor (the Alta Jacket). Increased ventilation via our 2 way reversed zip makes the new Alta II an ideal choice for all hill walkers looking to maintain an ideal comfort level without taking layers on or off.
- Increased field of vision, fine adjustment and complete weather protection are provided by the fully adjustable, wired, roll-away hood.
- Maximum freedom of movement and increased comfort in the shoulder and arm area are provided by articulated shoulders and sleeves.
- Adjustable venting and temperature control, with no restriction to movement or comfort are offered through upper arm vents.
- Additional ventilation is available via a 2-way reversed zip and poppered internal storm flap.
- Increased comfort and protection when load carrying are provided by the reinforced shoulder construction.
- The easily adjustable cuff design allows sleeves to be pushed up for cooling.
- Excellent weather protection in all conditions comes from our unique 2" drip skirt and scooped tail.
- Additional temperature control is provided by single-handed waist and hem drawcord pulls. These also helps eliminate rucking when load carrying.
- There are two generous handwarming pockets and storage is provided by one large external working pocket plus a large internal dry map pocket.
- The Ladies' Alta II Jacket has a tailored fit for the female form through redesign of the shoulder, arm, waist and hip areas.
- Removable foam inserts in the back offer comfort when carrying a rucksack and help removal of perspiration.
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.