|Marmot Centaur 38 Climbing Pack
£110, added Mar/2011, see all Marmot news & reviews
announcement by Marmot
This announcement has been read 3,857 times
Marmot has designed an exciting new range of packs for 2011 including the brand new Centaur 38. The Centaur 38 is a climbing focussed pack with all the features you need and nothing you don't. Always comfortable, durable, field tested and ready for any serious day in the mountains.
Reviews for Marmot gear:
News from Marmot:
Related UKC Forum discussions:
We have blended three varieties of fabric to offer high strength, low weight and excellent durability:
- Super durable 420D Nylon
- Light and strong 210D Nailhead Nylon
- Reinforcements - Super durable 420D Hypalon
- Back Panel: Molded foam with stretch woven Nylon. Molded channels increase breathability.
- Loader Lifter Straps: featuring Silicon gripper for easy pull.
- Waist Belt: Contoured/ergonomically designed waist belt. Minimal padding to help keep your pack close to body. Also includes a tuck away system allowing the waist belt to be tucked away whilst climbing.
- Dual Density Foam: The outer foam is dense to provide structure and prevent the belt from rolling under load. Softer closed cell inner foam creates a far more comfortable fit.
- Waist Belt Stabilizer: Pulls the bottom of pack up and into the waist belt. This helps bring the center of gravity and weight closer to the body.
- Tool Loops/ Carabiner Holder: Located on the waist belt to hold additional climbing equipment or ice axes during awkward moves.
- Dual Velcro Ice Tool Loops: Hypalon reinforced and silicon grippers at the end of the strap.
- Haul Loops: Bonded, Hypalon reinforced.
- Haul Clip Points: located at the front and top of the hood.
- Compression Straps: reversed for full body compression
- Top Compression Strap: Rope Strap under hood.
- Weight: Medium: (38 Litres) 1276g Large: 1332g (41 Litres)
- Colours: Dark Coal/Black, Russet Orange/Dark Coal, Vermouth/Dark Coal
The Centaur 38 Pack is available from the following UK Outdoor shops:
Dark Coal/Black colour:
The Outdoor Shop: (01908 568913, www.theoutdoorshop.com)
Homebarn: (015242 51162, www.theoutdoorgearshop.co.uk)
Joe Brown: (01690 870327, www.joe-brown.com)
Amazon Web: (www.amazon.co.uk)
Crag X: (0114 276 9741, www.cragx.com)
Russet Orange/Dark Coal colour:
The Outdoor Shop: (01908 568913 Web: www.theoutdoorshop.com)
Joe Brown: (01690 870327, www.joe-brown.com">www.joe-brown.com ">www.joe-brown.com)
(Amazon Web: www.amazon.co.uk)
Centaur 38 back features diagram
Marmot, Feb 2011
Centuar 387 colour optionsMarmot, Feb 2011© Marmot
Centaur 38 features diagramMarmot, Feb 2011© Marmot
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.