CWMA is the Climbing Wall Manufacturers Association Ltd, which currently has seven members:
More In This Category
EpicTV is Looking for a Climbing Researcher 7 Mar 2014
EpicTV is seeking part time researchers with strong working knowledges of specific adventure sports to help our content team... [ full story ]
Hang Fast are looking to recruit a Adventure Structure Designer / Draughtsman to join their team in Bingley [ full story ]
Senior Designer for Rab 6 Mar 2014
Equip Outdoor Technologies Ltd are looking to recruit a Senior Designer to join the team at Rab. [ full story ]
Duty Managers Wanted at Castle Climbing Centre 28 Feb 2014
The Castle is looking for enthusiastic, flexible people to join our Duty Managing team.
Duty Managers have responsibility for... [ full story ]
Related UKC Forum discussions
Beacon Climbing Walls
DR Climbing Walls
King Kong Climbing Walls
CWMA is a trade organisation that promotes quality and standards within the climbing wall manufacturing industry.
CWMA is looking for a new Development Officer to replace Tom O'Rourke. This part-time post has a number of key areas of work, but the successful applicant is most likely to be the one who would have the ideas, energy and motivation to drive the organisation forward in new directions.
Principle areas of works at the moment include:
1. Take on the role of Company Secretary
2. Attend CWMA meetings 4 times per year (approx), taking and distributing minutes, working on actions that may arise.
3. Writing articles and editorial for magazines and trade publications.
4. Sending out member information packs to potential clients.
5. Maintenance and upkeep of CWMA website ( www.cwma.co.uk )
6. Attend BMC climbing wall committee meetings
7. Recruit new members.
8. Making visits to all CWMA companies in their work place to learn more about their products and services.
9. Keep track of the organisation's accounting and produce simple financial reports
Other areas - for income generation and increasing hours include:
1. Visiting clients on behalf of members and drawing up a wall specification with the client, to send out to members with tender documents, (this service saves all members having to make separate visits)
2. Running and promoting the CWMA route setting course.
3. Consultancy work on behalf of CWMA
4. Acting as a mediator in disputes between manufacturers and clients
The applicant will need:
1. A strong interest in the design and development of climbing walls
2. To be computer literate
3. To be articulate and presentable
4. To have access to modern methods of communication
5. To have their own transport
6. To be flexible to attend CWMA/BMC meetings approx 6 times a year.
The applicant may well be, but not essentially:
1. A keen and active climber
2. Hold a relevant qualification in climbing such as an SPA, MIA or CWMA route setting certificate. A qualification in engineering or leisure management would also be useful.
3. Have worked somewhere in or for the climbing wall industry.
4. Experienced in administrative and clerical duties and reporting
Initially work for 200 to 300 hours a year (4 to 6 hours a week), but with considerable scope to increase these hours by creating further work through money making initiatives.
Pay: Initially £12/hour to be reviewed after a probationary period
Expenses: All reasonable travel, meal and accommodation expenses to be paid whilst working on CWMA business
Please send a CV and accompanying letter to Don Robinson by email for distribution to the member companies.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications should be received by Friday 8th July 2011
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.