|Outside DEAL OF THE MONTH: Mountain Equipment Firefox Jacket
RRP £199; NOW £159, added Jul/2011, see all Outside Ltd news & reviews
announcement by Outside Ltd
This announcement has been read 5,419 times
The Firefox Jacket from Mountain Equipment is one of the very lightest three layer breathable waterproof jackets available. Despite being made from Gore-tex Pro Shell and featuring a full front zip, it still weighs less than most of its competitors. And now at only £159 (RRP £199) it is also cheaper than your average Gore-tex jacket.
News from Outside Ltd:
For those that want serious protection from the weather, but without the weight penalty the Firefox may be just the ticket. Its credentials are bolstered by Mountain Equipment's proprietary Mountain Hood technology and the jacket's active cut. But for those of us not pushing the limits of alpinism, it is even light enough to bring along 'just in case' on unpredictable British summer days.
Mountain Equipment Firefox Jacket - Lime
© Mountain Equipment
- Weight: 292g (Medium)
- Active cut with articulated and pre-shaped sleeves
- Mountain Hood with Stealth Technology
- Stealth Construction techniques used throughout
- YKK water resistant centre front zip
- Single chest pocket with laminated and bonded gasket entry
- Adjustable cuffs and dual tether hem drawcord
- Fabric: 3 layer Gore-Tex Pro Shell (with Superlight 20D face fabric)
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.