Winter Softshell Jackets From Marmot£140 - £280, added Nov/2011, see all Marmot news & reviews
announcement by Marmot
Zion Jacket (RRP £280)
UK winter climbing typically involves walking through the rain in order to get to the freezing level where ice route begin to form. Standard softshell fabrics cannot cope with wet conditions and can end up causing the face fabric to quickly build up ice if the DWR finish has worn off.
Polartec's new NeoShell fabric is a waterproof, breathable fabric which combines the waterproof qualities of a hardshell with the comfort and breathability of a softshell jacket. One jacket, for two different needs!
- Fabric: Polartec Neoshell
- Sizes: S, M, L, XL
- Best suited activities: winter mountaineering, skiing/snow boarding
- Polartec Neoshell waterproof/breathable 4 way stretch fabric
- 100% Seam taped
- Storm hood with laminated brim
- water resistant zippers
- Left hand sleeve pocket
- Internal zip pocket
- Angel-wing movement
Kingpin Jacket (RRP £200)
Marmot's updated Kingpin jacket is quite simply the best looking softshell jackets in our current range. The Kingpin's great looks are backed up with Polartec's high performance Powershield fabric, a helmet compatible hood (for both ski and climbing helmets) and Angel-wing movement to allow high reaches without pulling the jacket out of shape.
- Weight: 610 grams
- Fabric: Polartec Powershield
- Sizes: S, M, L, XL
- Best suited activities: skiing/snowboarding, ice climbing
- Polartec Powershield
- Windproof, water resistant and breathable
- Attached hood with laminated brim
- Water Resistant zippers
- Sleeve pocket (for ski pass)
- Asymmetric cuffs with Velcro adjustment
- Angel Wing Movement
- Helmet compatible hood (both ski and climbing helmet)
Up Track Jacket (RRP £140)
The Up Track jacket offers the best stretch and breathability of all our hooded softshell jackets. Ideally suited towards ski touring, mountain biking and climbing based activities where breathability and stretch are the type of qualities that you demand from a softshell jacket.
- Weight: 590g
- Fabric: Double weave stretch Nylon Sizes: S, M, L, XL
Please contact Marmot UK to find out your nearest stockist:
Marmot UK: Tel: 015395 63616
See this product at the Joe Brown - Snowdonia shop
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.