|New North Wales Rock Climbing iPhone Guide
£5.99, added Nov/2011
announcement by manufacturer
This announcement has been read 2,541 times
North Wales Rock Climbing iPhone Guide now available from the App Store.
Related UKC Forum discussions:
Written by Mark Reeves and published by www.theSend.co.uk, this app for iPhone is a select guide to much of the best climbing that North Wales has to offer.
Application Home ScreenMark Reeves, Nov 2011© 2011 theSend.co.uk
Route Listing and Topo ScreensMark Reeves, Nov 2011© 2011 theSend.co.uk
About and Grade Charts ScreensMark Reeves, Nov 2011© 2011 theSend.co.uk
Once downloaded, the app gives you fingertip access to all the information you need to explore a lifetime's worth of climbing in North Wales, without any need for an internet connection.
At present the guide contains over 650 routes across 145 topos covering 7 major climbing areas in North Wales, the free taster app includes details of the sport and traditional climbing in Vivian Quarry on the Llanberis slate.
- Llanberis Pass
- Ogwen Valley
- North Wales Limestone
Application features include:
- a general introduction to the climbing in this area.
- crag search and maps for the whole guide, area by area and crag level.
- detailed crag info including parking, access and approach information.
- detailed sector information.
- interactive sector by sector topos showing both the sport and traditional climbing
- up-to-date routes and problems lists with full descriptions
- route info selection from the routes listing, route badges and swipe navigation.
- online map (does need a signal) showing your location relative to the crag
- split parking and crag map pins when the map is zoomed in, with directions from your current location available from the parking pin.
- area by area sketch maps for for full offline use.
- a 'Crag Planner' with banded grade lists showing the number of routes in each band for every crag in the guide.
There is also a supporting North Wales Rock website which contains full information on the guide itself and the areas, crags and climbs that it covers. The aim of having this supporting website is to enable us to update, alter and correct route descriptions, topos and access information as they arise and to relay this information to you via app updates so that your iphone guide stays up-to-date with the latest information.
Find out more:
The North Wales Rock App is currently available to purchase from the iTunes App Store for £5.99. An Android version will follow shortly (and then Windows Phone if there is sufficient demand). You can download the taster app, North Wales Rock Lite for free, which contains full features the app with coverage of the slate crag, Vivian Quarry and details of the routes contained in the full guide.
For the price of two pints of beer, you get an entire guidebook to North Wales, that fits in your pocket, has interactive maps, up-to-date information and weighs less than any other select guidebook to North Wales.
Thanks to new technology, North Wales Rock is now literally right at your fingertips.
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.
Please support the following outdoor retailers who support UKClimbing.com