|JOE BROWN DEAL OF THE MONTH: Mountain Equipment Fitzroy Jacket
SRP £160; Our Price Only £129, added Dec/2011, see all Joe Browns news & reviews
announcement by Joe Browns
This announcement has been read 3,775 times
The Mountain Equipment Fitzroy Jacket is a superbly designed synthetic belay jacket. The use of Primaloft One means it keeps you warm when wet; furthermore, the Fitzroy features a water resistant outer material, albeit without taped seams, so it will shrug off some pretty mean storms while maintaining a higher degree of breathability than a waterproof.
News from Joe Browns:
For the climbers and mountaineers out there fear not: the Fitzroy's cut is perfect. Long arms, longer at the back, and most importantly it's got Mountain Equipment's trade mark hood - big enough to fit even the largest of helmets (Petzl Ecrin Roc = OK), has a wired peak, and two volume adjusters.
These jackets have been extremely popular with members of staff and alongside the Rab Generator Alpine are without doubt the most coveted items while on a horrible belay anywhere from Bloody Chimney at Gogarth to the Shield on El Cap.
Mountain Equipment say:
"The perfect piece of modern, all weather insulation; light, very durable, almost unaffected by wind, rain and snow. Equally at home on a soaking grade IV belay on the Ben as it is on Cerro Fitzroy, Patagonia."
- 100g Primaloft® One body insulation and 60g Primaloft® One arm insulation gives a great warmth to weight ratio
- Windproof and highly water resistant Drilite Loft fabric on critical areas - shoulders, forearms, and backside
- Water resistant and breathable UltraSoft fabric on the remainder of the jacket
- Fully adjustable Drilite Loft hood with stealth closure system and stiffened peak.
- Moves with the head whether or not the user is wearing a helmet and provides total protection from the elements
- 2 lower laser cut & bonded pockets can be used whilst wearing a rucksack or harness
- 1 laser cut & bonded Napoleon pocket
- Internal zipped map pocket to keep essential items safe
- Hem drawcord with single hand adjusters allows for easy venting or cinching in to retain warmth
- Drawcord capture points at the hem to prevent snagging
- Adjust the cuff size perfectly to your wrist with the rubber cuff grabs
- Packs away into its own stuffsac (provided)
- Weight: 600g
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.