DMM design, prototype, test and manufacture climbing and industrial height safety equipment and are renowned for producing the highest quality and safest equipment at the cutting edge of visual design, manufacturing and engineering prowess. We are proud to be based in Wales and of the fact that we design, make, assemble and test virtually all of their products at our site in Llanberis.
More In This Category
An exciting opportunity has arisen for part time (14 hours a week) and part time (20 hours/year guaranteed) Climbing Wall... [ full story ]
Rockcity Head Instructor / Coach 28 Jul 2014
Rockcity Climbing Centre in Hull has just started a £250,000 expansion/refurbishment and is looking for an experienced and... [ full story ]
JOB ALERT: UKClimbing Ltd Assistant Editor 28 Jul 2014
UKClimbing Limited is looking for an Assistant Editor to join our small team starting towards the end of 2014. The job is a... [ full story ]
Our primary production process is the hot forging of aluminium and steel, but we also use CNC machining, injection moulding, stamping, material heat treatment and pressing.
Due to company expansion we require a very motivated placement student to work within our design office to undertake a 1 year paid placement.
The role of the placement student:
Complete interaction with all parts of the design and engineering process
- Design of Sport, Industrial and Military climbing equipment
- Research and present findings of market research and manufacturing solutions
- Proof reading of technical literature
- Patent preparation
- Dynamic and static destructive testing
- Field testing of concepts and prototypes
- Production of manufacturing drawings
Essential placement student requirements:
- Be available for a 1 year long placement starting 2012/2013
- Ability to do self instigated and motivated research
- Creative individual to work on their own without guidance, or as part of a small team
- Skilled in 3D CAD modelling with an excellent idea for form, function and mechanical principles
Desirable placement student requirements:
- Software skills - Solidworks and Microsoft Office
- A keen interest in the outdoors and outdoor related sports
- Understanding of metallic component prototyping and production methods
Please forward your CV to email@example.com (less than 1mb file size).
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.