|Metolius Recon Crash Pad
£225, added Jun/2012, see all Metolius news & reviews
announcement by Metolius
This announcement has been read 1,844 times
The new tri-fold pad. With the Recon, Metolius have produced a crash pad that provides a large landing area (5.5 sq. ft.) while effortlessly collapsing downs to a small size perfect for carrying and storing.
Reviews for Metolius gear:
News from Metolius:
Related UKC Forum discussions:
Other great features include a sandwich foam design for maximum impact absorption, internal and external pockets for shoes, chalk bag etc, angle cut hinges to eliminate gutter and life guaranteed aluminium buckles.
The 3 fold design means the landing area can be as large as possible while still allowing the pad to be easily stowed and carried.
- 900d body fabric with Ballistics on bottom for maximum durability and cross-clipper logo rug for cleaning shoes.
- Massive 3.5' x 5' (1.06 m x 1.5 m) tri-fold design with 4" (100 mm) foam.
- Sandwich foam design for maximum impact absorption: 1" (25 mm) closed-cell top layer, 2.5" (60 mm) open-cell center, 0.5" (15 mm) closed-cell base layer.
- Angle cut hinges eliminate gutter found in other designs.
- Small external stash pocket and larger inner pocket for shoes, chalk bag, etc.
- Closure flap reverses to cover shoulder straps while bouldering.
- Plush padded shoulder straps and dual sets of drag handles.
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.