|The North Face Polar Hooded Jacket
£280, added Aug/2012, see all The North Face news & reviews
announcement by The North Face
This announcement has been read 1,934 times
An insulated soft shell hybrid jacket for alpine expeditions.
Reviews for The North Face gear:
News from The North Face:
Related UKC Forum discussions:
The Polar Hooded Jacket uses new Polartec Power Shield High Loft fabric, which uses a new lamination process combined with a super high loft grid back that adds 25% more warmth than any other Power Shield fabric, at 25% less weight.
This athlete inspired piece combines the durable wind blocking, water resistant qualities of a high loft soft shell, with a lightweight knit fleece sandwiched between an air permeable woven shell on the arms and hood.
Women's Polar Hooded Jacket
© The North Face, Aug 2012
For moist, windy, cold alpine conditions, externally it delivers wind/water resistance. Internally it provides warmth, comfort, moisture wicking properties in sweat zones to regulate body temperature with high levels of air permeability.
- Blocks 98% of the wind to prevent wind chill, but allows enough air to circulate to keep you from overheating.
- Highly breathable; relieves heat stress build-up during action sports.
- Water repellent surface sheds rain and snow.
- Extremely abrasion resistant face fro long lasting durability; fabric maintains its form and function regardless of abrasive contact.
- Stretch for active comfort.
- Super high loft grid back provides warmth without the weight and bulk of traditional insulating fabrics.
- Hybrid construction maps key hot/cold zones and optimises fabric placement for function and comfort.
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.
Please support the following outdoor retailers who support UKClimbing.com