|Lyon Equipment Sales Representative – North England and Scotland
added Mar/2013, see all Lyon Outdoor news & reviews
announcement by Lyon Outdoor
This announcement has been read 2,026 times
More In This Category
This an exciting opportunity to join a Technical team with a highly successful and fast moving outdoor brand. Rab is one of the... [ full story ]
We have a vacancy for a part-time sales person to work 3 days a week and occasional weekends. We would prefer individuals with... [ full story ]
To find out more about this vacancy and to apply please follow this... [ full story ]
The Castle is looking for an energetic, creative & self-motivated person to join the team as Café Manager. [ full story ]
Related UKC Forum discussions
Lyon Outdoor currently have a vacancy for a Sales Representative – Northern England and Scotland.
Lyon is a private limited company and a leading supplier of high quality climbing, cycle and associated equipment to the outdoor market. Based at Tebay, Cumbria we are positioned at the technical end of the market, distributing a wide range of well known and trusted brands including: Petzl, Ortlieb, Beal, La Sportiva, Julbo, Exped, Aquapac, Optimus, Katadyn and Light my Fire.
Due to internal promotion we are seeking to appoint a Sales Representative to cover Northern England and Scotland. This is a rewarding role working with the Northern Key Account Representative reporting to the Sales and Marketing Manager.
Lyon was given high recognition for our sales team in the OCC UK Outdoor Industry's awards and voted number one distributor for the second year running. We are ISO 9001 Quality and ISO 14001 Environmental Management System accredited. We achieved Investors in People status in 2008.
We are looking for a highly competent professional from within the outdoor trade to join our team. The role includes:
- Meeting and exceeding team objectives, optimising revenue
- Building relationships – face to face calling along with telephone and email contact
- National and International trade show attendance and International supplier visits
- Organisation and participation in regional road shows and other sales initiatives
- Developing retail staff training programmes, regular instore merchandising
- Attendance of regular sales meetings at Head Office
- Keeping up to date with current product techniques and usage of our range and those of our competitors
- Regular liaison with the Sales Office team
- Regular communication regarding diary and travel planning
- A considerable amount of travel, predominantly driving with overnights away from home
You should be able to meet the following criteria:
- Have a confident and outgoing manner with excellent interpersonal skills
- Reside within the sales territory
- Be selfmotivated and a team player
- Have a proven track record of field sales and/or retail sales
- Be organised, articulate, numerate and computer literate
- Have an understanding of technical equipment used in activities related to the outdoors and our product ranges
- Must be motivated to undertake personal training and development
- Hold a full car driving licence (preferably clean)
- Hold a current passport
- Ideally be an active outdoor enthusiast with interests related to the technical equipment we sell
You will be provided with the following:
Computer, tablet and printer
Mobile phone, business telephone line into home, telephone and fax machine
All necessary and reasonable stationery and consumables
The contract for this position requires that you be based from home; the normal working week is 37.5 hours. The job will include some weekend work and visits abroad.
We offer a competitive salary. Following successful completion of a six month probationary period you will be invited to join our healthcare, pension and childcare voucher scheme.
For more information and to apply for this position please visit the Lyon Equipment website.
Closing date for applications 30th April 2013.
Please note: Interviews for this post are expected to take place 14th and 15th May 2013.
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.
Please support the following outdoor retailers who support UKClimbing.com