|Social Media/Web Based Marketing Assistant
added Apr/2013, see all Rab news & reviews
announcement by Rab
This announcement has been read 1,254 times
Rab is a brand developed with a passion for the outdoors which pioneers technical and innovative products to give users freedom and protection in the most extreme conditions in the world.
More In This Category
EpicTV is seeking part time researchers with strong working knowledges of specific adventure sports to help our content team... [ full story ]
Hang Fast are looking to recruit a Adventure Structure Designer / Draughtsman to join their team in Bingley [ full story ]
Equip Outdoor Technologies Ltd are looking to recruit a Senior Designer to join the team at Rab. [ full story ]
The Castle is looking for enthusiastic, flexible people to join our Duty Managing team.
Duty Managers have responsibility for... [ full story ]
Related UKC Forum discussions
We're looking for someone who's a team player and passionate about our products and the outdoors. The ideal candidate will have an enthusiastic 'can do' approach, a love of great gear and superb communication skills. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a dynamic, successful company that's really going places. Reporting to the UK Marketing Manager the overall job purpose will be to act as the online voice of Rab and support brand management and campaigns through social media and various online web platforms. To develop online relationships, engage with social voices/communities for promotional campaigns, and provide a full administration service to the Marketing Department.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
• Assist in the development of web-based/broadcast collateral, advertising presentations, photos and videos, newsletters/magazines, media alerts and press releases, and other materials or events related to on-line marketing, communications and public relations
• To actively engage with all forms of Social Media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, etc.) to support marketing activity
• Execute intensive content marketing using our website, social networking tools and sites, like YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Rab blog etc.
• Contribute to the writing of online copy for articles, blogs, social media, news items, press releases, and newsletters taking direction from the Marketing Manager
• Assist in the mail out newsletters, e-shots, and surveys on a regular basis
• Ensure data capture from various sources and track campaign effectiveness through Google Analytics and other – providing feedback to the Marketing Manager
• Help create and maintain an image and cutting database and ensure that they represent an effective marketing resource
• Support the marketing department in updating the Rab website on a daily basis, generating content, news stories and ensuring that the site is functioning correctly
• To work flexibly and carry out additional roles within the department as may be agreed from time to time
Competencies, Experience and Qualifications
• Qualifications or equivalent in marketing, communications or related field with an emphasis on digital marketing preferred
• A minimum of 4 GCSE's at grades A - C, including English and Maths
• A confident use of Word and Excel plus experience of Twitter, Facebook and other social media tools
• The ability to write lively and engaging copy
• Strong organisational skills and keen attention to detail
• Superior grammar, writing, proofreading, copywriting and editing skills
• Very comfortable with working with all forms of social media and quick to adapt to new platforms and site features
• Familiar with SEO-driven copy and able to integrate keywords as necessary
• Desire to keep learning and developing skills and knowledge of marketing and social media
• Ability to be effectively work under tight deadlines and manage projects independently
• Organised and proactive
Applicants should apply by sending a CV and covering letter to Donna Evans, HR Manager.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or post to:
Equip Outdoor Technologies
The closing date for applications is Friday 12th April 2013.
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.
Please support the following outdoor retailers who support UKClimbing.com