Insulated (Down) Garment Technologist/Developer.
More In This Category
The Beacon Climbing Centre in North Wales is looking to appoint an enthusiastic, energetic individual with a background in... [ full story ]
Instructor Vacancy - Northampton 12 Sep 2014
The Pinnacle Climbing Centre are seeking a motivated individual with great communication skills to join their team of Instructors... [ full story ]
USA Summer Camp Jobs Now Open! 11 Sep 2014
Ever dreamt of working in America? It's never too early to make that dream a reality; apply to work in a Summer Camp in 2015!... [ full story ]
Climbing Wall Coordinator - Essex Outdoors 8 Sep 2014
Essex Outdoors has an exciting opportunity for a skilled and qualified professional to coordinate climbing activity at The Lock... [ full story ]
Related UKC Forum discussions
Mountain Equipment has been making some of the finest insulated mountain clothing in the world since 1961. We believe in what we do; we design, test and build with passion and commitment because we know that our products are depended upon in some of the most demanding conditions on earth.
An outstanding opportunity exists for an experienced Garment Technologist/Developer to join one of the fastest growing brands in Europe and play a key part in the continuing development of our award-winning insulated apparel and equipment range.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the technical specification of garments and equipment from prototyping stage through to the finished product.
- Work with design team to create technical specification, considering product brief, supplier capabilities and costing to ensure suitability and performance of product.
- Work closely with suppliers in the development of samples and finished products
- Resolve fit issues, grade garments and formulate size specifications
- Follow the critical path for each seasons collection, meeting agreed timelines
- Testing product components to ensure suitability for purpose
- Bring ideas and solutions to improve the performance and quality of products
- A proven ability to manage technical performance product specifications from prototyping stage through to finished product.
- 5 years minimum experience as a Garment/Product Technologist including experience of developing down apparel
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing, and a willingness to travel globally.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and a strong team-player.
- A keen desire to further grow and apply knowledge and skills.
- An active interest in outdoor sports such as hillwalking or mountaineering.
- Working knowledge of Mandarin Chinese is an advantage
This is a full time position based at our head office in Greater Manchester. Salary is negotiable based on experience.
Please send you application and CV to Louisa Whitworth at Mountain Equipment/OSC Ltd: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.