Insulated (Down) Garment Technologist/Developer.
More In This Category
Garment Technologist for Rab 22 Jul 2014
This an exciting opportunity to join a Technical team with a highly successful and fast moving outdoor brand. Rab is one of the... [ full story ]
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a part time (30 hours a week) Climbing Duty Officer at Surrey Sports Park's Climbing... [ full story ]
An opportunity to be part of our lively reception team at The Castle has arisen. We are looking for a receptionist to work on our... [ full story ]
Centre Manager Required - Shoreham 11 Jul 2014
Situated on the west bank of the River Adur, AOAC was built in 1973 by West Sussex County Council as a facility for social,... [ full story ]
Related UKC Forum discussions
Mountain Equipment has been making some of the finest insulated mountain clothing in the world since 1961. We believe in what we do; we design, test and build with passion and commitment because we know that our products are depended upon in some of the most demanding conditions on earth.
An outstanding opportunity exists for an experienced Garment Technologist/Developer to join one of the fastest growing brands in Europe and play a key part in the continuing development of our award-winning insulated apparel and equipment range.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the technical specification of garments and equipment from prototyping stage through to the finished product.
- Work with design team to create technical specification, considering product brief, supplier capabilities and costing to ensure suitability and performance of product.
- Work closely with suppliers in the development of samples and finished products
- Resolve fit issues, grade garments and formulate size specifications
- Follow the critical path for each seasons collection, meeting agreed timelines
- Testing product components to ensure suitability for purpose
- Bring ideas and solutions to improve the performance and quality of products
- A proven ability to manage technical performance product specifications from prototyping stage through to finished product.
- 5 years minimum experience as a Garment/Product Technologist including experience of developing down apparel
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing, and a willingness to travel globally.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and a strong team-player.
- A keen desire to further grow and apply knowledge and skills.
- An active interest in outdoor sports such as hillwalking or mountaineering.
- Working knowledge of Mandarin Chinese is an advantage
This is a full time position based at our head office in Greater Manchester. Salary is negotiable based on experience.
Please send you application and CV to Louisa Whitworth at Mountain Equipment/OSC Ltd: email@example.com
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.