|What's Available - Summer Pant Roundup
announcement by manufacturer
This announcement has been read 6,022 times
More In This Category
Nikwax has launched a reformulated version of its Polar Proof product to revolutionise the fleece market.
Easy to use in... [ full story ]
In a recent article there was a proposal of the 100 best climbs in Britain, only 7 of which were in the Lake District!So in... [ full story ]
Check out this Summers Blurr trousers with Alex Gorham field-testing the Rogue on a first ascent in Glen Croe. [ full story ]
The new Thermo Half Zip Fleece Jacket from Marmot is made from Polartec's Power Dry High Efficiency fabric which is designed to... [ full story ]
In this 'What's Available' announcement we look at seven different pairs of cragging pants, from jeans (yes jeans!) through to cotton trousers, through to more technical trousers. Whatever you are looking for, hopefully there are some ideas and products here that are of interest. Happy climbing.
What's Available articles appear once every two months on UKC and UKH. They are compilation articles of items submitted by manufacturers/distributors to UKC/UKH and we choose a genre of product relevant to the season we are publishing in. The text is direct from the manufacturers/distributors and these items are in no way intended as reviews. Since the manufacturers submit different specifications it isn't always possible to have directly comparable data between items. What they do offer is a quick reference to similar items some of which have previously appeared on UKC/UKH as items on their own.
Blurr Method Pant
The Method is a lightweight climbing trouser with a hard wearing Cotton/Nylon/lycra blend designed to give maximum maneuverability. This makes it a versatile summer weight pair of trousers.
- Stretch, blended fabric offers comfort and good durability for it's light weight.
- A gusseted crotch with darts at the knees and hips allows an uninhibited range of movement.
- Clean pocketing won't interfere should you be wearing a harness
- An adjustable elasticated waistband for the perfect fit.
- 63% cotton, 31% nylon, 6% spandex
Blurr Women's Elise Pant
The Elise has been Blurr's go to women's climbing pant for many seasons and continues to offer a stretchy, durable pant that is both attractive and functional.
- The fabric blends organic cotton/spandex with the right amount of nylon to ensure this lightweight fabric is durable, dries quickly but maintains a cottony feel.
- Micro Ripstop fabric construction minimizes tearing under harsh conditions.
- A clever tab and button inside the leg allows the pant to be rolled and held mid-calf.
- Fits to mid-thigh with a Diamond crotch, darts in the knees and a tie at the waist and bottom cuff for a great fit and freedom of movement.
- 72% Organic cotton, 25% Nylom, 3% spandex
A new light weight climbing pant from Trangoworld - perfect for rock and for urban life.
Made from a soft cotton fabric with a lycra content for increased freedom of movement, these pants also feature articulated knees, a soft elastic waist band with drawcord, two front and two rear pockets.
- Small, Medium, Large and X Large
- Black, Burgundy and Orange
The idea to create technical, stretch denim climbing jeans for this collection came about from James Pearson and some of the other The North Face climbers.
The criteria was simple – tough, light, stretchy, no unnecessary buttons or zips, and above all, to look good, something you would be happy to wear on the high street, or to the pub after climbing!
"We worked through various prototypes, taking things off, adding things, tweaking them until they were just right. I have been wearing the jeans for around one year now, and they are pretty much the only trousers I wear, seriously, I almost never take them off (cue to say eeeuuuurrggghhhhh, how disgusting). The best climbing pants I have ever worn. A few things will change for the next version, but the concept will remain essentially the same. They are the first piece in the new climbing specific range being developed for Spring 13, and I think we are off to a good start." says James.
James' Favourite Points:
- The material is ace, tough yet light, with just a little stretch.
- The cut is great - Diamond crotch and twisted seams on the legs.
- The double thick knee - this is the best feature and something I insisted on - it makes kneebars so much more comfortable!
- Fabric 86% cotton / 12% Nylon / 2% Elastane
Marmot Highland Pant
The new Highland Softshell pant from Marmot has been produced to meet the needs of outdoor enthusiasts and mountain leaders.
These trousers feature stretch panels, abrasion-resistant fabric on high wear areas such and as the seat and knee and a DWR finish. Additional features included zippered thigh pockets and a draw cord at the hem of trouser.
- Abrasion Resistant Nylon Fabric
- Nylon/Polyester Twill Stretch Panels
- Quick-Drying Fabric
- Durable Water-Resistant Finish
- Stretch For Increased Mobility
- Zipper Secure Thigh pockets And Rear Pocket
- Reinforced Hem and Hand Pocket For Durability
- Ultraviolet Protection Factor (UPF) 50
- Adjustable Hem Closure
- Articulated Knees
- Deep Olive/Slate Grey
- Slate Grey/Black
- Overall Weight:
- 50% Nylon, 43% Polyester, 7% Elastane
Hard-wearing, fully featured pants constructed using a durable cotton/nylon canvas textile that is soft-to-the-touch. Built with ample room for movement, these pants are ideal for bouldering and climbing.
- Anatomical shaping for fit and comfort
- Articulated knees and seat
- Gusseted crotch
- Front fly with snap closure
- Adjustable integrated webbing belt
- Two hand pockets
- Two rear pockets with angled access
- Two thigh pockets with zips
- Cotton Nylon Canvas - 63% cotton and 37% nylon
Mammut Massone Pant
Extremely comfortable climbing pants made from 100% organically cultivated cotton.
- Comfortable and elastic waistband
- Gusset crotch
- Chalk bag attachment on back of waistband
- Two front pockets
- Loose fit
Rab Capstone Pant
The Capstone Pant is a poly-cotton pant designed for bouldering and indoor climbing.
- Poly-cotton fabric
- Elasticated waist with drawstring adjustment
- 2 open hand warmer pockets
- 2 rear open patch pockets
- Knee articulation
- Hem drawcord
- Inside leg length 78cm/31inch (L)
- Fit: Relaxed
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.