Optimus Vega canister stove£75 SRP, added Sep/2013, see all Optimus news & reviews
announcement by Optimus
For excellent efficiency and precision cooking on a low flame use the Efficiency Mode. Alternatively, when cooking in cold temperatures or when extra fast boil times are needed, just open the integrated gas canister support legs and turn your gas canister upside down and continue cooking in the 4 Season Mode. This reducies cooking time by as much as 20%.
Taking advantage of the remote gas cartridge the Optimus Vega has the lowest profile in its category. This means superior stability, especially for larger pots. The included windscreen with rounded corners easily adjusts to two sizes.
- Boil Time: as little as 3 min/L in 4 Season Mode and 4.5 min/L in efficiency mode depending on climate etc.
- Burn time: up to 160 min at max. output (230 g canister) in efficiency mode
- Dimensions: 130 x 70 x 65 mm / 5.12 x 2.76 x 2.56 inches
- Kit includes: complete stove, windscreen, storage bag
- Power: 3,700 W / 12,580 BTU in 4 Season Mode and 1,400 W / 4,760 BTU in efficiency mode
- Technology: Gas (Butane, Propane, Isobutane). Precise flame control simmering without burning
- Weight: 178 g / 6.28 oz. One of the lightest stoves in it's class.
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.