Morocco Rock Guidebookadded Oct/2013, see all Crack Addicts news & reviews
announcement by Crack Addicts
The rock climbing on the North Side, which is comprehensively covered by this guide, by consensus, supersedes the original earlier development on the south side of the range. This is due to the huge variety of crags, better and wider choice of venues, each with their own unique character, and the generally more fertile terrain, providing a more picturesque and idyllic backdrop. The diversity of cliff aspects here provide a convenient choice for the climber, allowing for differing climatic conditions and sunny or shady preferences. The climbing is also surprisingly accessible in the main, almost akin to ‘cragging’ in places, with convenient roadside cliffs, as well as more remote and adventurous settings to be found deep into the heart of these ranges.
Features included within the guide:
- Detailed and accurate maps to the six major areas by Don Sargeant
- Precise and informative topos for all the crags, including useful overviews and road junction insets for easy navigation around the area
- Inspiring action photography, not only of the easily accessible classics, but also of the more remote and esoteric routes
- An engaging and colorful historical section written by Mike Mortimer, covering the entire development of the area and a heartfelt foreword by Sir Chris Bonington, both enthusiastic pioneers of the region
- Other information about where to stay, car hire and useful gear to take, as well as interesting notes and photos of local flora, fauna and geology
- A detailed and comprehensive route index
- Available from www.moroccorock.com
An added bonus is the free PDF supplement, received when purchasing the guidebook through the www.moroccorock.com website, and which is updated every few months by the industrious authors Emma Alsford and Paul Donnithorne, meaning that your guidebook never goes out of date!
|£27.50. BUY NOW WITH FREE DELIVERY!|
See this product at the Outside Ltd shop
See this product at the BouldersUK shop
|Available at Manchester & Harrogate RockShops|
See this product at the Manchester Climbing Centre shop
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.