DMM Terrier£22, added Nov/2013, see all DMM news & reviews
announcement by DMM
The Terrier is essentially a smaller, lighter version of the popular DMM Bulldog. Like the Bulldog it is an extremely versatile piece of kit, and one which really expands the potential for runner placements on winter terrain.
It works well in all sorts of constricted or marginal placements. Think: micro–constrictions, thin seams, constricted flake hooks, iced up cracks, frozen turf blobs and shallow frozen turf wedges – the potential placement opportunities for the Terrier are seemingly endless.
The flat strike ridge on the back shoulder makes it easy to hammer home into a placement, no matter how fiddly or constricted the situation. The notch on the base of the strike area also aids removal, as do the lightening holes.
The serrated front edge of the base helps to stabilise marginal placements and the classic pick profile gives good penetration and bite, much like the picks on your ice tools.
The Terrier is a very useful addition to the classic winter rack – make sure you check it out soon.
- Versatile micro protection hook for winter climbing
- Suited to constricted or marginal placements in rock or frozen turf
- Flat strike ridge for speedy placements
- Positive removal notch to aid extraction
- Lightening holes to trim weight and aid extraction
- Serrated front edge of base to stabilise marginal placements
- High strength and compact size
- 15 kN strength rating and 73 g weight
- Fitted with a double extension 11 mm Dyneema sling
|UK's best range of climbing hardware.|
See this product at the Needle Sports shop
|£18.00. Great range of winter protection. Free UK mainland delivery on orders over £40.|
See this product at the Cold Mountain Kit shop
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.