|Area Sales Manager (North/Scotland)
added Dec/2013, see all Lowe Alpine news & reviews
announcement by Lowe Alpine
This announcement has been read 1,508 times
More In This Category
An opportunity to be part of our lively reception team at The Castle has arisen. We are looking for a receptionist to work on our... [ full story ]
EpicTV are looking for a part-time researcher who is a NATIVE FRENCH SPEAKER with a strong working knowledge of global climbing... [ full story ]
West are looking for experienced setters and climbing coaches to join to their team at one of the busiest walls in the country. [ full story ]
Lowe Alpine has been at the forefront of backpack design since 1967. We continue to develop innovative and exciting product that... [ full story ]
Related UKC Forum discussions
Lowe Alpine Area Sales Manager – North of England/Scotland
Lowe Alpine a leading global outdoor clothing and pack brand renowned for innovation and award winning product development. Our equipment is used in the world’s wildest places, where gear failure is not an option. Our experienced and enthusiastic team develop innovative designs, manufactured to the highest standard and brought to market throughout the world.
Are you an experienced Sales Representative looking for your next challenge with a progressive company? Do you have a love for the outdoors and outdoor gear? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
We are seeking to appoint an Area Sales Manager to cover the North of England/Scotland area. We are looking for a highly competent professional from within the outdoor trade to join our team. Reporting to the Sales Director the key responsibilities are as follows:
• Be responsible for trade sales to retail customers within the stated territory to agreed seasonal targets.
• Be responsible to building and maintaining great relationships with existing and new retail customers through face to face meetings, telephone and email contact.
• To present seasonal ranges in store, at trade shows or in the Lowe Alpine showroom to gain forward orders.
• To support retailers in season with marketing and staff training initiatives to build relationships and promote product sell-through.
• To liaise between the company and retail customers on payment plans, credit limits and stock order programmes.
• Attendance at regional road shows and international trade shows as required.
• Attendance at regular sales meetings at Head Office in Kendal.
• Regular liaison with the sales office team, marketing team and credit management department.
Competencies, Experience & Qualifications:
• Have a confident and outgoing manner with excellent interpersonal skills
• Be self-motivated and a team player
• Have the ability to assess customer needs and establish good working relationships between the company and the customer, be commercially aware or have an aptitude to rapidly gain this quality
• Have a proven track record of field sales and/or retail sales, preferably 2 years+ experience within the outdoor industry
• Have a clear understanding of technical clothing and equipment and a passion for the outdoor industry. Involvement with an activity such as mountain walking or climbing is an advantage.
• Be organised, articulate, numerate and computer literate
• Have a full UK driving licence and reside within the sales territory (the location would ideally be in the far North of England or in Southern Scotland).
Applicants should apply by sending a CV and covering letter clearly stating salary expectations to Donna Evans, HR Manager. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.This role offers a competitive salary, car, laptop and mobile telephone.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 1st January 2014.
Post applications to Donna Evans, HR Manager, Equip Outdoor Technologies, Wimsey Way, Somercotes, Derbyshire, DE55 4LS
Interviews will take place at the Lowe Alpine Offices in Kendal.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.
Please support the following outdoor retailers who support UKClimbing.com