Product Developer - DMMadded Dec/2013, see all DMM news & reviews
announcement by DMM
We have an opening for a Product Developer to join our team in Llanberis.
Reporting directly to the Product Manager, the successful applicant will take responsibility for projects from concept through the development process and on to market launch. This product developer role will focus on the technical textile products that sit alongside the world famous metalwork in our range. This will require a sound working knowledge of product design and development the ability to work to strict timelines and project requirements, experience of sourcing, and a logical, methodical, and highly organised approach to work.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive projects through the development cycle, in line with the ethos and attention to detail that makes DMM a world leader.
- Create finished products that address the requirements of DMM, the market, and our end users.
- To build and maintain a general understanding and knowledge of relative product regulations currently in force to ensure products meet the relevant standards.
- Establish patent and IP status of projects.
- Work effectively with our manufacturing partners. This will include our factory in Llanberis and partners throughout the world. The ability to form long term, fair partnerships is essential.
- Ensure that project records are maintained as required by our Quality Assurance: Design Control system.
- Upon handover of a product to the procurement department, work with the Product Manager to ensure that all necessary information is effectively communicated.
- In the lead up to a product launch, work closely with the Brand, Sales, and Product managers to deliver a full package of product information for marketing, show and sales samples, and sales support packs.
- To understand our supplier’s production and Quality Control processes and implement a strong quality control system with all of them to ensure we receive a consistent supply of high quality goods.
- To liaise with the DMM Quality department to ensure we carry out our own independent inspection of goods and to make sure that adequate due diligence is carried out across the DMM product portfolio to ensure the products are fit and safe for purpose.
- Experience of technical product design and development
- Highly competent in Adobe Creative Suite – InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- A sound working knowledge of MS Office – Word, Excel, Outlook
- The ability to multi-task and work within time constraints to deliver projects to expectations.
- Excellent written and spoken communication
- Exceptional attention to detail
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a tight knit team
- Expertise in at least 2 of our market sectors
- Experience of sourcing and factory communications
- Previous experience in the Outdoor/Industrial markets
- A textile/PPE/ harness background
- Knowledge of sewn manufacturing
If you feel you have the relevant skills, qualities, background and experience we’d like to hear more about you. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your own career and in return for your hard work and commitment you will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary and an excellent benefits package.
Interested applicants should apply in the first instance with a copy of their CV and any additional information that you feel is relevant.
Applications and current C.V. to be sent to:
H R Manager
Closing date for applications: 10th January 2014
DMM International/Engineering Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.