First Ascent DEAL OF THE MONTH: Black Diamond Axiom 30 Pack and Serac Crampons, Distance FL Poles or Glissade GlovesSave over 30% off SRP on all bundles, added Jan/2014, see all First Ascent news & reviews
announcement by First Ascent
Axiom 30 Pack
The perfect volume pack for going superlight without feeling too exposed, the Black Diamond Axiom 30 and its reACTIV suspension allows you to move fast and confident with your pack instead of despite it. To further streamline the pack, stash the removable top lid and fine-tune the Axiom’s volume with its adjustable roll-top closure.
- Patent-pending reACTIV suspension with OpenAir backpanel
- Top-loading roll-top closure with removable top pocket for quick and clean volume adjustment
- Soft, breathable 3D mesh on hipbelt and shoulder straps
- Trekking pole/ice axe loops
- Dual hipbelt stash pockets, side stretch pockets and front compression stretch pocket
- Hydration compatible
Offering 4-season protection in any mountain environment, the Black Diamond Glissade Glove is one of our best values. Whether ski touring the Alps in the middle of winter or making a slushy, summer ascent of a Pacific Northwest volcano, the Glissade's waterproof BDry insert, abrasion-resistant shell and Thinsulate insulation protect your hands from cold, wet and windy mountain weather. Imported.
- Fixed lining with 100% BDry insert
- Woven nylon, abrasion-resistant shell with combination 2-way and 4-way stretch
- Fixed lining has 100 g Thinsulate insulation on back of hand and 100 g fleece on palm
- Goat leather palm
Distance FL Poles
Built with durable, lightweight aluminum and featuring both our compactible Z-Pole technology and FlickLock Pro adjustability, the Black Diamond Distance FL trekking pole defines on-trail versatility. Ideal for everything from short day hikes to week-long backpacking trips, the Distance FL's 20 cm of adjustability lets you tweak the length (especially nice for sidehilling or for use with a tarp shelter). Employing a coated inner cord and conical shaft ends, our speed cone deployment provides quick and rigid alignment in seconds. A lightweight EVA grip is complemented by a mini-extension for choke-ups on steep inclines and interchangeable tips for variable trail surfaces.
- Durable aluminum construction
- 3-section Z-Pole folding design with speed cone deployment and FlickLock Pro adjustability
- Lightweight EVA foam grip with breathable, moisture-wicking strap
- Non-slip foam mini-grip extension for secure choke-ups
- Includes interchangeable, non-marking rubber Tech Tips, carbide Tech Tips and stow bag
- Stopper basket with shaft catcher secures folding sections
- NOTE: 3-season Z-Poles do not accept, or have fittings for snow or powder baskets
Lightweight, 12-point crampon built for the variable, moderate terrain of classic mountaineering routes. Horizontal frontpoints provide secure bite in icy steps, while the serrated secondary points add more stability than the Sabretooth in steep snow and neve. The Serac's light and durable stainless steel design won't rust, resists snow balling and is free from toxic coatings that wear off in the mountains.
- Distinctive stainless steel construction doesn't rust, is more durable, resists snow balling and saves weight
- Versatile horizontal frontpoints and more stable secondary points
- Low-profile micro-adjust heel bail with two positions
- Strap version is for use with trekking boots
- Includes dual-density ABS
See our website for other great clearance offers such as free footprint and packtowl with all MSR Tents, only £199.99 for a pair of Black Diamond Reactor Ice Axes and an unbeatable Viper Ice Axe Pair deal.
|Save over 30% off SRP on all bundles|
See this product at the First Ascent Online shop
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.