|Buying Manager at EquipUK
added Jan/2014, see all Equip UK news & reviews
announcement by Equip UK
This announcement has been read 1,183 times
Equip Outdoor Technologies Ltd specialise in the design and marketing of technical outdoor equipment. Our experienced and enthusiastic team develop innovative designs, manufactured to the highest standard and brought to market throughout the world. Due to expansion we are now looking to recruit an experienced Buying Manager to join a small team, who will be responsible for the following:
More In This Category
Rockcity Climbing Centre in Hull has just started a £250,000 expansion/refurbishment and is looking for an experienced and... [ full story ]
UKClimbing Limited is looking for an Assistant Editor to join our small team starting towards the end of 2014. The job is a... [ full story ]
This an exciting opportunity to join a Technical team with a highly successful and fast moving outdoor brand. Rab is one of the... [ full story ]
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a part time (30 hours a week) Climbing Duty Officer at Surrey Sports Park's Climbing... [ full story ]
Related UKC Forum discussions
- Managing a team of 5 including Buyers and Administration staff
- Responsible for order placement timing, supply/demand alignment, material replenishment and supplier performance
- Continuously monitoring, evaluating and improving supplier performance
- Sourcing the most affordable materials for the company manufacturing process
- Be responsible for working with and meeting budgets
- Monitor delivery times to ensure they are on time
- Ensuring the adequate supply of all required materials, components and equipment
- Managing the supplier relationships for the company
- Regularly contacting suppliers to renegotiate prices/delivering cost savings
- Resolving disputes and claims with vendors and suppliers
- Keeping all supplier programs current and accurate
- Developing relationships with distributors
- Involved in selling off excess, damaged inventory and stock
- Overseeing staff training
The successful candidate will be an experienced Buying Manager ideally with experience in the retail/manufacturing industry, however this is not essential. We are looking for a well organised individual, with excellent communication skills, strong negotiation skills and the ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines. An interest in the outdoors would be advantageous.
At least 3-years previous experience in a Supply Chain/Buying position is essential along with previous experience of managing a team and dealing with factories in the Far East. You will also have a sound knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft packages. As a conscientious individual you will be self motivated and must be able to work within a team and on your own initiative, with minimal supervision. In addition you will ideally be educated to Degree level or hold a relevant qualification.
The role will include some UK and overseas travel.
If you wish to apply for this position, please download and complete an application form from www.equipuk.com under the ‘careers’ page and submit along with a covering letter clearly stating salary expectations to Donna Evans, HR Manager email@example.com. Alternatively, please email Donna Evans to request an application form.
Post to Donna Evans, HR Manager, Equip Outdoor Technologies, Wimsey Way, Alfreton, Derbyshire DE55 4LS.
The closing date for applications is Monday 27th January 2014
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.
Please support the following outdoor retailers who support UKClimbing.com