Adventure Structure Designer / Draughtsmanadded Mar/2014
announcement by manufacturer
At Hang Fast we are climbers, cavers, mountain bikers, mountaineers, travelers, explorers. ‘Adventurers’.
The spirit and passion we have for the outdoors and adventure, motivated us to launch the company back in 2001. Today the same qualities are designed into every product we produce.
The UK's Leading Supplier of Adventure Structures:
• Artificial Caving Systems
• Climbing Walls
• Creative Play Structures
• Vertical Playground
Climbing Wall and Ropes Course After Care Specialists:
• Safety Inspections
• Equipment Supply
• Route Setting
• Maintenance & Repairs
• Nationwide Coverage
• Testing & Structural Engineering
We are looking for a designer to join our expanding team, who can be involved in all stages of our projects from initial briefing to completing works on site. Moving forward with exciting new ideas and concepts is extremely important to Hang Fast, and our designers play an important role.
Designers Role within our company:
• Liaise with clients about our product range and advise on design, safety and budgets.
• Produce basic design concepts, 2D & 3D.
• Generate quotes and proposal documents.
• Assist in the production of manufacturing drawings and schedules.
• Assist in the management of social media, blogs and company website.
• Sourcing and ordering of materials for manufacture.
• Assistance with manufacture and installation of products onsite and within the workshop.
A successful candidate needs to have a good understanding of the following computer software:
• AutoCAD LT
• Solid Works
• Google Sketch UP
• Adobe Photoshop
• Adobe In Design
• Adobe Acrobat
• Windows 7 & Windows Office programmes.
• A good understanding of structural / product design.
• Knowledge of Climbing is not essential but beneficial.
The position is a full time post and will be based in our head office in Crossflatts, Bingley.
Salary: To be discussed, depending on skills and experience.
Hours: Working hours 8:30am – 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
Leave: 28 days including Bank holidays.
To apply for this position, please forward a full CV with examples of work via email or post to:
Christian Turford - firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 1st April 2014
Unit 18/19, Castlefields Industrial Estate, Crossflatts, Bingley, West Yorkshire, BD16 2AG, 01274 510 448
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.