|MSR Hubba NX Tent Series
added Apr/2014, see all MSR news & reviews
announcement by MSR
This announcement has been read 1,795 times
More In This Category
Since its launch ten years ago the Hubba Hubba has proved a popular three-season staple for MSR.
For 2014 this classic two... [ full review ]
The single-wall tent design efficiently utilizes two standard trekking poles to shave weight.
[ full story ]
When I first saw a JetBoil back in 2004 I remember being highly cynical, too specialised and very limited in terms in its uses.... [ full review ]
Windproof and highly efficient personal stove system wins 2014 OutDoor Industry Award [ full story ]
MSR® Introduces the Next Generation of Ultralight Backpacking Tents
New MSR Hubba NX series offers lighter weight and greater livability in four new models
MSR Hubba Hubba NX Tent
For the Spring/Summer 2014 season, MSR brings to market the new and improved Hubba NX tent collection—the next generation of the most livable, ultralight freestanding tents for 3-season backpacking environments.
The four new MSR Hubba NX series tents, ranging from one-person to four-person capacity, feature lighter weight fabrics and poles that reduce weight by up to 30%. Optimized pole geometries maximize interior space, allowing ample head and shoulder room throughout the tent, and the new color scheme of classic MSR red and light grey maximizes natural light within the tent, making the shelters a pleasant space to stay regardless of weather conditions.
Load testing the new stake-out loop connector at the MSR design lab
"Since the MSR Hubba collection was first launched in 2004, the original series of three models has been a favorite among backpackers globally with nearly 200,000 units sold" said Dale Karacostas, Director of MSR Shelter. "Despite that success, it was time to take a look at the line and see how we could make this bestselling series even better. We focused on what our customers care about – lightweight livability. Undoubtedly the new Hubba NX tents are significantly improved and sure to become a new favorite among backpackers and trekkers worldwide.”
In classic MSR style, each new Hubba NX series tent features meticulous attention to detail, including a unified pole system and color-coded stakeout loops and clip-webbing for fast and easy setup. Large doors and vestibules provide easy access and lots of storage options, and an optional Hubba Gear Shed™ adds extra livability and storage. All Hubba NX series tents also feature mesh canopy windows and kickstand rainfly vents. The included side-loading compression stuff sacks make the tents as easy to pack as they are to set up.
MSR’s new 2014 Hubba NX collection includes the following new models:
- Hubba™ NX: At 1.12 kg (2 lb. 7 oz.), MSR’s best-selling, ultra-light freestanding solo tent is now .17 kg (6 oz.), or 13%, lighter than before. One full vestibule, large door, and increased floor area allow for greater livability with reduced weight. Recommended Retail Price is £300.00.
- Hubba Hubba™ NX: At 1.54 kg (3 lb. 7 oz.), MSR’s best-selling freestanding two-person tent is now .29 kg (9 oz), or 15%, lighter than before. The two full vestibules and two doors allow for easy entry and plenty of protected gear storage. The Hubba Hubba NX received a prestigious OutDoor INDUSTRY AWARD at the OutDoor Friedrichshafen international trade show in July 2013. Recommended Retail Price is £335.00.
- Mutha Hubba™ NX: At 2 kg (4 lb. 7 oz.), the recreated Mutha Hubba is 88kg (1 lb. 15 oz.), or 30%, lighter than the previous version yet offers all the space necessary for three-person livable comfort. Two full vestibules and two doors allow for easy entry and plenty of protected gear storage. Recommended Retail Price is £420.00.
- Papa Hubba™ NX: The all-new, four-person addition to the Hubba Collection weighs in at 2.67 kg (5 lb. 15 oz.) and packs up as small as most two-person tents. The extremely livable Papa Hubba NX features plenty of room for a family of four, plus two large vestibules and two doors for easy entry and plenty of protected gear storage. Recommended Retail Price is £500.00.
- Hubba™ Gear Shed™: The .78kg (1 lb. 12 oz.) Hubba Gear Shed, with hooped vestibule and partial floor, adds 2.46 square meters (26.5 square feet) of weatherproof, covered storage, providing double the storage space for basecamp or extended backcountry stays. Compatible with the Hubba NX and Hubba Hubba NX tents. Recommended Retail Price is £140.00.
The MSR Hubba Hubba NX tent won an OutDoor INDUSTRY AWARD at the OutDoor Fair in Friedrichshafen, Germany in July, 2013 as well as the U.S. Outside Magazine's 2014 Gear of the Year Award.
Visit the MSR Summit Register Blog for a behind-the-scenes look at the Hubba NX series redesign. For an overview of the MSR Hubba Hubba NX tent, watch:
OutDoor 2013 - MSR Hubba Hubba NX tent from UKClimbing.com TV on Vimeo.
About MSR® (Mountain Safety Research®)
Seattle-based MSR has been engineering standard-setting high-performance outdoor equipment since 1969. A commitment to quality manufacturing and innovation ensures customers are outfitted with the finest, most reliable gear available for outdoor adventures. MSR product lines include: stoves, fuel, cookware, water treatment and hydration systems, shelters, snowshoes and backcountry poles. The majority of MSR products are made in the company’s Seattle, U.S.A. and Cork, Ireland manufacturing facilities. For more information, visit www.msrgear.com.
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.