More In This Category
King Edward VI Five Ways School has a flourishing outdoor education department with its own climbing wall and fleet of kayaks on... [ full story ]
The Beacon Climbing Centre in North Wales is looking to appoint an enthusiastic, energetic individual with a background in... [ full story ]
Instructor Vacancy - Northampton 12 Sep 2014
The Pinnacle Climbing Centre are seeking a motivated individual with great communication skills to join their team of Instructors... [ full story ]
Climbing Development Officer
Salary: £19,817 - £21,067 per annum
Community & Business Services - Preston City Council is looking to recruit a highly motivated and self driven individual to join our award winning Sport & Health Team.
We have a vacancy for a Full Time Climbing Development Officer who will be based at West View Climbing and Leisure Centre. The successful candidate will lead a large team of climbing instructors and will be responsible for delivering a full programme both indoors and out.
Key aspect of the role will include: -
• Delivery of an excellent programme with knowledge, practices, progression and teaching points
• Maintain a good and positive image for the centre
• Provide a professional and helpful service
• Ensure the safety and control of the climbers and ensure all relevant regulations are enforced
The successful candidate will require: -
• SPA assessed as essential
• Experience of coaching/teaching
• Experience of working in a community setting
• Fist Aid at Work highly desirable
• Good administration skills
Closing Date: 12 noon 27th June 2014
Apply on-line at www.preston.gov.uk/jobs alternatively telephone the 24 hour recruitment line on 01772 906914, quoting the vacancy reference number for an application pack.
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.