Westway Sports & Fitness: Route Setters and Climbing Coachesadded Aug/2014
announcement by manufacturer
5 x Casual Contract, Negotiable Salary
Reporting to: Head of Climbing
Hours Per week: Casual contract
Hourly pay: Negotiable
Purpose of the role:
We are looking for experienced setters to join to the Westway route setting team.
Applicants must have prior experience of route setting in a commercial environment and have a good knowledge of working at height health and safety considerations.
Applicants must be highly motivated, creative individuals with experience of managing their own work and time. Route setting at the Westway is carried out in non-peak hours and must be completed on time and around other setters. Applicants must have experience of completing work to deadlines and working as part of a team.
The successful candidate must have the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Route setting experience on a commercial level.
- Relevant personal climbing experience with up to date knowledge of current climbing best practice.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety within a climbing environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Punctual with effective organisation and time management skills.
- Ability to set high quality routes.
- Must be able to set routes from VO/F3 to V9/8A.
- Ability to manage own time and work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to stay calm & focused during challenging work situations.
- Able to work with own initiative with a proactive & flexible attitude.
- Able to work as part of a team.
Please note this job is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). You will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check that we find satisfactory and we will apply for this during pre-employment process. Further checks will be made with regular intervals.
To apply for this role please send your CV and cover letter to: jobs@or visit our Website on http://www.westway.org
Closing Date: 4pm Thursday 28th August 2014 (Applications received after this time will not be considered)
Interviews Date: TBC
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.