£60.00, added May/2008, see all Patagonia news & reviews
announcement by Patagonia
This announcement has been read 5,815 times
Reviews for Patagonia gear:
News from Patagonia:
ThatcherUKC Gear© Patagonia
The Thatcher retails at £60 and is a perfect example of Patagonia Footwear's dedication to the environment as they are vegan friendly and are a part of the SmartStep which indicates that the Outsoles are composed of part recycled rubber. Here's some more technical specifications about the Thatcher -
The Thatcher has a collapsible mesh upper that's easy to hang off a harness or stuff into a pack – and it's light, breathable and abrasion-resistant. The durable Vibram® EcoStepÅ outsole (30% recycled) has a sticky toe for technical approaches. An air-cushioned midsole softens the ride; the synthetic-cork footbed (70% recycled) has a carbon component with antimicrobial qualities. Steel-shanked board lasting provides support and stability under a pack.
- Abrasion-resistant mesh uppers with durable nylon eyelets that help to reduce weight and secure the instep.
- Bi-Fit dual-density insole board made from 100% recycled polyethylene/polyurethane provides support and stability underfoot.
- Upper folds into itself to pack with ease and efficiency.
- Air cushion compression-molded midsole made with 15% recycled EVA center that cradles the foot and provides cushioning.
- Board lasted with a steel shank providing support, stability and flex in the correct zones for comfort and performance.
- Poli-CorkÅ footbeds are made with 70% recycled foam with active carbon and cork bits to help combat odor and naturally move moisture.
- Lightweight mesh uppers provide breathability, durability, and increase your ability to move quickly with ease; reinforced climbing rubber toe and external counter offer additional protection and abrasion resistance; versatile outsole configuration offering traction on both street and trail; medium width, full toe box, medium arch/instep.
567 g (20 oz).
Patagonia footwear are the proud sponsors of the Keswick Mountain Festival.
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.
Please support the following outdoor retailers who support UKClimbing.com