Evolv VIDEO REVIEW: Defy Climbing ShoeRRP £60, added Jan/2009, see all Evolv news & reviews
Reviewed by Dominic Green
Dominic Green tests the Defy Shoe:
This short filmed review is based on my experience of climbing in the Evolv Defy. Having used it as my main shoe for the last few months, I've had a chance to really get to know the strengths and weaknesses of the Defy.
Most of my climbing consists of bouldering, up to font 7A, with the occasional route, up to E2. Being based in Sheffield, a lot of my climbing has been on gritstone, for which this shoe is ideal. Having used it for some limestone climbing, I'd prefer a shoe with a stiffer midsole, although dropping down a size and fitting the shoe a lot tighter may work too. Indoors, I've found it to be perfect, having a supple shoe such as this one is great. Stretch has been minimal over the time that I've had the Defy. Its artificial upper probably stretched less than a ½ size over the time I have used it.
|evolv performance shop|
See this product at the The Depot Climbing Centre shop
|£68.90. With free Delivery RRP £72.00|
See this product at the Barn Climbing Wall shop
- REVIEW: Rock Climbing in Ireland Guidebook Feb-15
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Gollum from The Hobbit - He's a Climber! Dec-14
- First Ascent: The Complete Series DVD Mar-11
- WIN! special release Andy Parkin DVD and artwork Mar-10
- Kendal Speaker: Andy Parkin on his latest artwork Nov-09
- Finisterre Storm Track and Etobicoke Oct-09