Click to read about Advertising on UKC
|Gwynedd > Ysgolion Duon (Black Ladders) >
|Flanders|| VII 7|
<< Passchendale Direct
Flanders Summer LIne >>
|6 pitches. A tough and technical mixed route of great character. A must for any grade 7 leader. The original summer line can be followed at a slightly more technical but equally good VII 8
1) 6, 35m. Start 10m left of Western Gully. Gain and climb a shallow groove to a small ledge on the edge of an arete. Continue up to a spike belay on a good ledge
2) 7, 30m. Climb up and right to attack a groove on the right overlooking Western Gully
3) 4, 55m. Traverse left and climb mixed icy ground to belay on a ledge
4) 4, 55m. Trend left up more mixed icy ground to a good belay just left of a pinnacle
5) 1, 30m. Scramble to the right side of the ridge to gain a chimney. Climb this chimney to gain a ledge. Belay beneath a groove
6) 4, 30m. Follow the grassy groove to a small bay, step left to a corner and finish up a short crack in the final wall
7) 1, 70m. Easily up the ridge to finish. © ROCKFAX|
Photo: attempting the summer line © frost
View all 2 photos or Submit a new photo of this climb.
This climb is in 7 logbooks, and on 2 wishlists.
First experience of actual winter climbing, i.e. not just moving between ledges. Felt good, although im going to keep seconding some more routes until i have the feel for it and then strap it on.
willoates - 2nd O/S - 23/Jan/13 with Dave Evans
loads of verglas... definitely worth the grade and the stars.
phil64 - AltLd O/S - 08/Jan/11 with Paul warnock
owenH - 2011
stevebarratt - AltLd O/S - 09/Dec/10 with Dave Morse
A brilliant route
david morse - AltLd O/S - 09/Dec/10 with stevebarratt
gwh - AltLd O/S - Dec/10
Hidden - Lead O/S - 22/Dec/09
Users with this climb on their wishlist are:
Hidden, Tom Livingstone